General Workshop manual

Currently reading:
General Workshop manual

Thompatruck

So i've got a bit of fiddling around to do on my Punto so which is the best manual to get??

For my 155 they don't do a Haynes so i use a PDF copy of the dealers manual and i'm a little wary of the Haynes from previous poor experience, so what's the recommendations?

Haynes
Porters (seen the name but no ideas??)
E-bay Cd manual

Suggestions please :D

each has its strengths and weaknesses. if you have half a clue what you're doing a haynes will be fine. i've spotted a few mistakes and omissions in every haynes ive used but a bit of common sense will keep you right.

ebay sellers sell all kinds of stuff, some brilliant and some useless so be careful when buying stuff.

jug said:
i've spotted a few mistakes and omissions in every haynes ive used but a bit of common sense will keep you right.

I'd agree here, took me a min or two to work out how to inspect my front brake pads, as they'd neglected to mention the metal cover over the caliper inspection hole.

However the worst omission imo is the fact they don't tell you what tools you need to do a job (n)

I spent 10£ on a pdf download from somewhere, it was s**t for instructions, however it has great diagrams on it that in conjunction with the Haynes is very useful.

Back