Technical woop!

Currently reading:
Technical woop!

Yes well im shur the 1.9 was'nt designed to have another 40 odd bhp forced upon it:p

The 1.9 unit in the sporting is the same lump as in the 1.9 astra 888 200bhp, so I don't think an extra 40bhp should be a problem ;)

It's the clutch that is the problem, fortunately the clutch in the 1.9 has been looked at and is said to be strong, and if not I have uprated clutches available to me and stock clutches at good prices.

Last edited:
hope the car gets sorted buddy! keep us all updated!

wouldn't the 888's engine be 16v though? where as the 1.9 sporting is 8v. the 120 cdti vx's is the same unit as the GP's but the 150bhp engine is 16v.

are grandeJ's wheels 215? alloy wheel firms usually fit 205's to aftermarket 17's unless you pay the extra cost for the extra width.

and its weight not wate... :p

aparently.. they gave the car a proper going over.. and came to the conclusion that jamie broke it :) because he drives like an over-excited 17yr old boy with a fresh driving licence.. he ballsed the car :) so now hes gottta pay for the fixage cos they refuse to do it under warrenty.

thought id add that seeing as jamie didnt really explain much in his posts.. probably because he doesnt want you all knowing it's turned out to be his fault the car broke!

aparently.. they gave the car a proper going over.. and came to the conclusion that jamie broke it :) because he drives like an over-excited 17yr old boy with a fresh driving licence.. he ballsed the car :) so now hes gottta pay for the fixage cos they refuse to do it under warrenty.

thought id add that seeing as jamie didnt really explain much in his posts.. probably because he doesnt want you all knowing it's turned out to be his fault the car broke!

THANK YOU iv ben w8ing to no! lol so its cos he drives like his hair is on fire and im gessing they saw the massive air intake :p

shh you! :eek:

Ouch 1K of damage what exactly did you manage to do to it?????

would a decent independent garage work out cheaper (providing they use OEM parts and are VAT registared)... if they wont honour the warenty what have you got to loose??

tried, apparently its in bits. and if i wanted it put back together i have to pay :mad: wtf!

also got trailering costs and the price from the independant garage was only 100 quid cheaper.

Back