Within a few years the Brits may deploy invisible armored tanks onto the battlefield.

Currently reading:
Within a few years the Brits may deploy invisible armored tanks onto the battlefield.

so in effect, the tank is a massive tv screen, with the cameras also on the tank? neat, will it be plasma or lcd :p. it is really cool though. a good atctic would be to put a bluie screen of millions of troops coming, thatd scare the enemy lol

Won't the rather large dust cloud following behind the tank be something of a give away?

Just thinking, the biggest problem I see with this is the issue of perspective.

If you're looking directly at one side, and it's projecting an image of what's on the other side then fine, but if you are standing at a corner it'll all be skewed. I can only see it working well from a distance, even if the tank used an electric engine (in terms of being silent) it's not the kind of thing you could sneak into a city and blast a hideout without someone becoming suspicious long before it got close.

Only way I can see it working is if the 'tank' is spherical ...

I read a few years back that they had this idea. But to bend light around it (however they managed it) so you couldn't see the tank. But they had nowhere near perfected it at the time

I suspect the aircraft could have a problem landing back on it if they can't see it. :)

Anyway ..... this is old news, James Bond had an invisible car years ago. ;) That's all true isn't it?

The aircraft carriers aren't invisible but it hides the aircraft themselves when on it. So it looks empty

The aircraft carriers aren't invisible but it hides the aircraft themselves when on it. So it looks empty

I suppose satire doesn't work if you have to explain it.

The point is we are building three new aircraft carriers but we don't have any aircraft to put on them, especially since they shelved the Happier jump jet. So the decks of these carriers are going to be very empty.

If the camera on the back of the tank picks up an image that is placed on the front of the tank what happens when its raining and a rain drop lands on the camera.

A 12 foot tall rain drop doing 40 mph accross a field might be a little suspicious dont you think? :D

Last edited:
They're only building 2 of the new carriers, one is going to be pretty much mothballed as soon as it's built - or sold.

As for the other - there will not be any fixed-wing aircraft on-board.

Which will basically turn it into yet another helicopter ship. Even the RFA have one of those!! (Well, most RFA's can handle at least one helicopter for VERTREP - but the RFA Argus is the Aircraft Training Ship - as well as Primary Casualty Reception Ship)

Back