Technical wiring and fueling for 1.4 16v cinq

Currently reading:
Technical wiring and fueling for 1.4 16v cinq

i need a hand with setting up the wiring and fueling for for my engine.

lts start with the fueling, on the standard cinq there is two fuel pipes that go on to the throttle body im guessing that one is the feed and the other is the return well on the 16v engine i can only see a feed do i just block off the return pipe or what.

the wiring, i have had a lot of trouble trying to get a wiring loom from a punto 1.2 16v mk1 so i have had a thought, will a seicento mpi wiring loom do the job are the sei mpi's fly by wire ir throttle cable.

cheers gregor

no, there won't be. the car that the engine has come from would either have a fuel regulator in the tank, or it'll vary voltage to the pump to vary the fuel pressure.

you need an external fuel pressure regualtor like this;

remember the reg works by venting excess pressure back to the pump. the pipe that comes into the T from the side is the fuel feed, one side goes to the rail, the other to regulator, which bleeds off the excess pressure and out the return line back to the pump

Last edited:
would fitting a power boost valve work as i have been told that works like a regulator.

and about the wiring what is meant by the sei loom would be close as in would almost work with a few alterations ?

cheers gregor

can i just check my theory.

If you have 3 bar pressure going through the lines before fitting. Then when you fit a regulator and set this to say 2.5 bar on the guage then it would be venting 0.5 bar back to the tank and the maximum pressure on the intake lines would be 2.5 bar. :eek:

yup

would fitting a power boost valve work as i have been told that works like a regulator.

no, you need a regulator.

and about the wiring what is meant by the sei loom would be close as in would almost work with a few alterations ?

cheers gregor

Yes. But I'm not sure which ECU you're using. Might be easier/cheaper simply to put together the bits you need which are different?

What is what in this picture:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FSE-boost-val...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9de7b496

I do appolagise then. :bang: I assumed they were the same as alot of ebay links show the thing.

afaik a powerboost valve is just a rising rate regulator with a different vac/fuel pressure ratio. not 100% on that tho. BUT that one has a connector on it to connect to a nissin fuel line, you just need something with bar barbs on it. It might fit, but then you don't know what fuel pressure it's regulating at.

cool a will start looking out on ebay for a regulator dont know much about them any that you would recommend.

aw ye and arc you got any vids of ur wee machine in action yet.

cheers gregor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Pressure...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58856484fb

which is a knock off of;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-SARD-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414bf4da01

No vids yet, nope!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back