Technical Wiper linkage

Currently reading:
Technical Wiper linkage

River96

Hi all,

T Reg Siecento OHC engine 900cc

The right hand side spindle for my windscreen wiper has seized up so the bushing is rotating in the body work. I've tried to unsieze it but it's still very stiff. (car had been off the road for ages)

Can I just buy a Rhs spindle bush and link arm or do I have to get a whole new wiper unit?

What is the part that I need to buy and can anyone tell me where to get it?

Thanks

Riv

I dont think you can buy the individual bits although it's possible if you go to a fiat dealer. £££!

I would buy a second hand linkage and use the parts from it. Then you have some spares for it too and don't have to remove the whole lot.

In the past i have taken it off and soaked the spindle over night in oil.
Fixed the spindle body in a vice and gripped the rotating part in a drill ( chuck ) and ran it backwards and forwards until it loosened, leaving the drill running for 5 minutes when it ran freely .
Mine had rotated so much it badly wore the hole in the bulk head and i had to make a thin washer to hold it all.
Now i always drop some 3in1 down the spindles to keep them moving easily

Yes sounds like a good idea. I have found a whole wiper unit from a Seicento Sporting at my local scrapper so will install the "new" one. Interestingly the newer unit has circlips which enable the spindles to be withdrawn from the bushes.

If anyone wants an almost perfect Seicento Sporting in Canary Yellow it is in the Newberry Metals scrap yard Newton Abott, Devon, unfortunately they loaded a Ka on it;s roof but otherwise it looks great, nice alloys but the tyres have been sold.........

Back