Wiper Issues

Currently reading:
Wiper Issues

Speedbird643

Hi there.

I have owned my MkII Punto since 2002, and have covered 30000 miles in it; however last weekend it developed its first issue.

While using the wipers last weekend, they decided to ignore the settings I chose. Generally, if I select the slow setting then they run slow for a while, before deciding to switch to constant. If I use the single sweep function, it works most of the time, however sometimes decides to operate continuously for several more sweeps. Additionally, they are failing to stop when I turn them off, usually for about 2-3 minutes.

Commonly they are not returning to the stowed position either, just stopping dead in the middle of the screen.

Is this a problem that is reasonably easy to fix, or would I be better taking it to an auto-electrician for a check in case it leads to any other issues?

Thanks for any assitance

Martin

Check for dry joints on the soldering inside the wiper motor/connections box under the bonnet, I have done this and had success with this fault on 3 occasions.

Thanks for the rapid response - however I can't seem to get to the electrics. The cover for the motor etc is secured to one of the wiper connectors, and I cannot remove it. Is it a task for brute force, or is there something else I need to remove?

Thanks

Back