Technical Wing Removal - Passenger Side

Currently reading:
Technical Wing Removal - Passenger Side

RobHowdle

Evening all,

Does anybody know how to get the passenger side wing off a 2018 Estate? I've taken out x2 bolts from the engine bay, one on the door part, x2 at the bottom of the wheel arch and I see one more however it looks like it sits underneath the windscreen and it's impossible to reach by the looks of it without removing the bonnet and the windscreen itself. Am I missing something or is this going to be painful?

Good afternoon all. Thought I'd throw in what I've done here.

The way to access this on my car, there are x2 bolts in the engine bay, x1 in the passenger side door part, x2 behind the mud guards and one under the windscreen. Clearly the bolts were put in before the windscreen was fitted so without taking the windscreen off (it is current raining) I was able to remove the bonnet. I then had to remove the actual bracket for the bonnet. From there I thought was easier. I had to get a 10mm spanner on the bolt which if I'm honest was an absolute nightmare. About 10 minutes as the gap was just big enough for a socket but not a ratchet. Around 10 minutes just to get this single bolt out and it was painstaking. Much easier if the windscreen could come out but I wasn't in a position to do that I'm afraid. I think I'm going to knock off the bolt and move that was on the bottom to the top. Should do the same thing. I did slightly bend the metal that was holding it in but ended up working to my advantage.

Hope this helps somebody.

Back