Technical Windshield ventilation - how to remove

Currently reading:
Technical Windshield ventilation - how to remove

kovacevic031

I have cleaned my whole vent system, but I can still hear annoying sound from windshield exit (like there is something inside). I tried everything but without success.

So, is there any chance to remove this selected part, this plastic cover (have no idea how it's called, eper didn't help). There is only a cap (arrow on picture), under the cap there's only something green.

Thanks for advice.

2efrqs3.jpg

Last edited:
If you have climate control then its the sun sensor.

Its interesting to note that your dashboard moulding is quite different to a UK gp. The vent looks the same though.

Last edited:
No, it's not my GP. I found this pic on internet, and use it just to show what's the "problem". :)
I have climate control. How this sensor works?

Last edited:
The sensor measures the intensity of light entering the cabin and the climate control adjusts the temperature to compensate.

yank it? It has a load of clips holding it in but these tend to break and the trim lifts up, common problem.

It has 5 major clips, these consist of a plastic tang (moulded to the underside) which pushes into a metal grab clip, which in thierselves are pushed into the dash.
Ther'es one at either end, one in the middle and 2 in between.

Then along the front (facing side, not windscreen side) are a series of smaller plastic clips that just simply push into the dash. Id say about 15 of them.

It's a common fault that the major clips fail in time, resulting in the drivers side of the vent lifting, so if you do remove it, I'd say to be prepared for the clips to break. They will probably break in time anyway.
Removal is via a little brute force i'm afraid.

When the trim is lifted, it looks like the sensor is simply clipped into the trim so should be able to be removed easily.

If it's any consolation, I beleive the trim costs about £35 to replace should any of the tangs break.

If you can wait a few days, I'll upload some pictures, as I'm trying a repair on mine at the weekend.

Last edited:
It has 5 major clips, these consist of a plastic tang (moulded to the underside) which pushes into a metal grab clip, which in thierselves are pushed into the dash.
Ther'es one at either end, one in the middle and 2 in between.

Then along the front (facing side, not windscreen side) are a series of smaller plastic clips that just simply push into the dash. Id say about 15 of them.

It's a common fault that the major clips fail in time, resulting in the drivers side of the vent lifting, so if you do remove it, I'd say to be prepared for the clips to break. They will probably break in time anyway.
Removal is via a little brute force i'm afraid.

When the trim is lifted, it looks like the sensor is simply clipped into the trim so should be able to be removed easily.

If it's any consolation, I beleive the trim costs about £35 to replace should any of the tangs break.

If you can wait a few days, I'll upload some pictures, as I'm trying a repair on mine at the weekend.

So yank it and buy a new one then, even better than just yanking it.

The drivers side tang has already given way on mine, so I tried to gently pry it out yesterday, to see if i can come up with a fix, to no avail i'm afraid.
I had to resort to yanking.. (Y not W)
A good tug and out it pops.
I found that 3 of the 5 tangs were snapped, however, there's no saying that I didn't just snap another 2 while yanking it out.

If yours hasn't lifted yet, and you can live with the fan noise, i'd suggest leaving it alone.

Back