Windscreen Scratches

Currently reading:
Windscreen Scratches

Hii Everyone :)

I have two quite heavy/deep scratches in my windscreen from the wiper blades.. They're not in my view but are quite annoying :(

I bought Halford's 'Intensive Glass Cutter' and used it today to ease off the scratches.. It didn't work, if anything it made it worse :(

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so, did you replace the windscreen?
Or did you manage to ease the scratches without replacing the windscreen?

I can't afford a new windscreen so I would really appreciate any ideas to ease the scratches :)

Thank you in advance (y)

Hii Everyone :)

I have two quite heavy/deep scratches in my windscreen from the wiper blades.. They're not in my view but are quite annoying :(

I bought Halford's 'Intensive Glass Cutter' and used it today to ease off the scratches.. It didn't work, if anything it made it worse :(

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so, did you replace the windscreen?
Or did you manage to ease the scratches without replacing the windscreen?

I can't afford a new windscreen so I would really appreciate any ideas to ease the scratches :)

Thank you in advance (y)

Hi,

Try one of them glass repair professionals itll be cheaper than replacing the windscreen and some times you insurance will cover the costs.

I cant remember what ther called but the advert comes on tv when the guy pulls up in his van fixes chips in the windscreen, i think he called gavin from autoglass lol

Ah thats it its autoglass repair or summat along those lines see if they can get scratches out they do chips so i dnt see why not.

http://www.autoglass.co.uk/

Hope this helps(y)

Oh right I'm still getting used to how to use this thing and where to post things lol!

Yeah I tried Autoglass, Gavin's mate steve filled in a chip for me haha :)

They said they can't do anything about the scratches though :(

Thank you (y)

Mehh Jodi I have the same problem luckily there not too bad for me,

It does not completely remove them or solve them in anyway, I cannot see them as much if i use window polish or house window cleaner .. on the outside of the windscreen.

Don't know why haha. Like Brin said.. Wonderful Autoglass would probably be able to sort you a 'non' scratched windscreen for around £80..

Mehh Jodi I have the same problem luckily there not too bad for me,

It does not completely remove them or solve them in anyway, I cannot see them as much if i use window polish or house window cleaner .. on the outside of the windscreen.

Don't know why haha. Like Brin said.. Wonderful Autoglass would probably be able to sort you a 'non' scratched windscreen for around £80..

If autoglass wont do it and you dont wanna pay for a new windscreen then thro a brick at your windscreen and get insurance claim just make sure you have low excess to pay:D say some kids bricked it one night lol

Thanks for all your help and ideas.. I've already had Autoglass out to repair a chip which was free on insurance but my windscreen replacement excess is about £150 so wouldn't be worth doing lol

I think I'll go for the repair thing that imapctuk suggested (depending on how much it is) :)

Thanks everyone (y)

Thanks for all your help and ideas.. I've already had Autoglass out to repair a chip which was free on insurance but my windscreen replacement excess is about £150 so wouldn't be worth doing lol

I think I'll go for the repair thing that imapctuk suggested (depending on how much it is) :)

Thanks everyone (y)

Dont you fail MOT with deep heavy scratches on windscreen???

Your lucky my excess is £250 and its £1700 a year to insure on a 1.2l 8v:(

And i cant really legally claim on my insurance for unmentionable reasons lol ( i am insured before anyone starts fully comp)

you dont need to throw a brick at your windscreen to get it replaced thats whys theres a windscreen excess on your insurance, if you wont your windscreen changed you just ring up your insurance.the scratches probley wont go away with a bit of polish,i would just leave it untill your m.o.t is due as it will fail.

Back