Scratches / Good finish

Currently reading:
Scratches / Good finish

ashezrox89

Hi guys,

right I've got a few very light scratches here and there, as expected.

I'm gonna T-cut them again (as i regularly do) to grey, then what's your advice on wash / wax etc. I want to build up a nice thick layer to keep the t cut in, and then to build up a good shine / paint finish?

what's the best products to use?

Ash

Hi ashezrox89

I was going to answer but you've mentioned "them" and "grey"...is for a car or alloys?

righto...:)

I haven't t-cut a car for years (not to say you shouldn't of course).

You could go all super mega job and have a showroom ready car at the end by using Cquartz or Gtechniques stuff and you'll get amazing results apparently (never tried myself but i quiet fancy a go) or others really like Zymol Cleaner Wax which again I may get myself a bottle and see how i go but the only experience i have is with Auto Glym stuff...i've been using it since i was 17...i'm 42 now!

1) T-Cut (only if you have to as the super resin does a good job on hiding scratches)
2) Wash with car shampoo and dry
3) Autoglym Super Resin Polish applied with Autoglym applicator sponge or AG perfect polishing cloth
4) Remove Autoglym SRP with Autoglym Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth
5) Then apply Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection with perfect polishing cloths
6) and remove with Autoglym Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth once again

If you have a dark colour car then i think im right in saying that you can use Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine Car Polish instead of Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

As a top up...use the Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner at every wash and then use Autoglym Aqua Car Wax every other after you've washed it.

This, as they say, is only my opinion and i expect other methods/makes are just as effective :)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
To ensure you lock in the polishing stage apply a lsp over it,wax or sealant if it has no protection it will wish just wash off and become visable again. no need to tcut/polish the car regularly once waxed you can keep topping up after washes to keep it looking glossy.

Another alternative to t cut would be a glaze or a all in one a lot easier to work with. Many glazes are filler heavy so will do a good job in masking the swirls and scratches(y)

Gpmo, what product would you recommend then to seal it in? As you say, every time my car is washed I have to re apply the t cut polish. Ash :)

Prewash- Autobrite Magifoam blue with foam lance.
Wash-autoglym bodywork shampoo using two bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt
De tar- Autoglym tar remover
Clay-bilt hamber clay with water as lube.( removes surface containments that are bonded to the paint which will dull the shine and make the car feel like sandpaper)
Wash again
Polish - autoglym super resin polish 2/3 layer applied with pad, removed with microfiber cloth when dried to a haze.
Wax- thin layer of autoglym hd wax applied with a pad , left to dry for 30 mins and buffed

After 2 hours or so . Meguiars quick wax applied .
This leaves the car smooth and gives the paint a good shine and will make it easier to clean every wash.

Just a basic write up. Same priciples for alloys too.

My white alloys have 2 coats of HD wax and are easiley cleaned with Autoglyms shampoo, no need for any acidic cleaners as these will damage clear coats.

Last edited:
Gpmo, what product would you recommend then to seal it in? As you say, every time my car is washed I have to re apply the t cut polish. Ash :)

Hi Ash sorry for late reply mate,depends how long you want to spend on it and if you want a wax or sealant,wax will give the finish a bit more warmth as opposed to a more glassy look from the sealants,for ease of use look at the werkstat jett can apply in minuites and offers good protection.
have been using it for years and have just in the last year moved on to the artdeshine range,wax and nano gloss. loads of choices out there pal.(y)

Back