Technical Windscreen damage

Currently reading:
Technical Windscreen damage

gfotopou

A couple of days ago I was driving behind a lorry on a road that apparently had some very small gravel on it (so small that I couldn't see it but I could hear it falling on my car; probably sand). My windscreen got showered with this gravel and now is full of chips [:(!] They are very small ones, the size of a needle prick but they are many... I'm so annoyed ;) I think that I have heard once that there is a product, some kind of cream, that you could apply it on the windscreen and it would cover small scratches and chips. Does anyone know anything about it? Has anyone ever tried something like that? If so do you have any idea if it's really effective and where could I get it? Thanks lads!

And btw I don't know if I mentioned... I'm so ANNOYED [}:)][:(!][V]

Grigoris

3-Door Black Stilo 1.8 Dynamic, 17" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Spoiler

In a word, no there is no magic cream that will fix it! I've got a nice big scratched area where i cleaned a bird crap off and the little stones in the doo doo managed to scratch the glass!

Stilo windscreens are made of swiss cheese! No pun intended! Never know glass to be so "soft" and easily marked!

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

Hi gfotopou

I've got exectly the same problem - my windscreen is pitted with small chips and a scratch, which becomes very visible in sunshine. I think the cream you are after is called Jewellers Rouge - they use it to remove scratches from glass watch faces. I need to get some - I've tried AutoGlym Glass Polish but that didn't work. The Rouge is a cutting paste which I hope does the trick.

I agree with SB - the Stilo's windscreen does seem to chip and scratch a bit too easily.

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

Originally posted by rroope
Hi gfotopou

I've got exectly the same problem - my windscreen is pitted with small chips and a scratch, which becomes very visible in sunshine. I think the cream you are after is called Jewellers Rouge - they use it to remove scratches from glass watch faces. I need to get some - I've tried AutoGlym Glass Polish but that didn't work. The Rouge is a cutting paste which I hope does the trick.

I agree with SB - the Stilo's windscreen does seem to chip and scratch a bit too easily.

Yeah I think that you are both right. I never had so many minor chips on a windscreen before. Mine are very visible in sunshine as well. I looked for a cream or something in Switzerland, but I couldn't find one. Anyway the market here is very poor for such products. If you find something in your area tell me where I could get it. I'll be in Newton Abbot for a long weekend (19-23rd May) and I could look for this cream then. I don't expect it to make any difference really, but we'll loose nothing to try, right? :)

Grigoris

3-Door Black Stilo 1.8 Dynamic, 17" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Spoiler

Back