Technical Rear Windscreen Washer Won't Work!

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Windscreen Washer Won't Work!

markoret

Hello everyone i know there is few threads about this problem but i have to ask again.

I changed the pump, for the new one because the old one wasnt really clean = Still no results on the rear washer.
I would like to ask where the tubes are going exactly so i don`t tear apart something i don`t have to, some friends told me that they go through the ceiling, Any ideas what can go wrong with the pipes or any solutions? maybe acid vinegar or some other limestone cleaner?

It's most likely to be one of the return valves. If you grab hold of the pump and follow the pipe that goes to the rear washer, you might find one of these valves. They're just a round plastic piece inserted in the pipe sections, so you can't miss them.

If you can't find one between the pump and where the pipe disappears into the body, then there may be one inside the bootlid. If you remove the bootlid moulding, remove the nozzle to clean it anyway.. then look for a valve near the nozzle.

You can buy universal valves... just fit a new one if yours look blocked or full of algae.

Ralf S.

I just noticed a blue line inside the roof above the back (right seat) and that is from the liquid i put in the washer reservoir, so should i remove the roof and check there or its somewhere else?

Do you mean a "blue stain"?

There's usually a valve or a connector just before the hatch... but it's normally on the left, so that it can pass through the same black rubber bellows that covers the electrical wiring.

If you peel back the rubber bellows and find the hose, pull it towards you a bit to make sure it is still attached to the hose from the reservoir. I have had the hose come off the connector in the past (although on another car). What happens is when the rare washer freezes up, the fluid builds up a pressure and can work the hose off the connector.

I re-seated the hose onto the connector with a bit of additional silicone sealant to act as "glue".

If your hose is still attached to the connector/valve... pull the connector/valve off the hose from the reservoir and see whether fluid comes out when you work the washer. There should be no other valve between the pump and this connector, so if the pump is working, fluid will come out. But note you have to take the connector off the hose, not the hose off the connector (if the connector/valve is blocked it will stop fluid coming out).

If this one is all connected okay and/or you do have a stain on the righ side of the car then you may have a split in the pipe and you'll need to remove (or drop) the roof headlining a bit, for a look. It's only held in by the grab handles and the beige press studs, plus where it's tucked in around the various seals, so no special tools/expertise needed.

If the hose is split, you may be able to replace just the damaged section (use shop connectors and new pipe) rather than removing the entire pipe all teh way back to teh pump.

Ralf S.

Back