Windows Phone 7/8 App Developer.

Currently reading:
Windows Phone 7/8 App Developer.

just registered as an app developer for Windows 7.1/5/8 and WP8.

Had a few practices and think i've got a hand with the basics.

Essentially I've decided to develop and app most car users would use, and is lacking from the Windows Phone app list.. An in car camera recorder.

other than obvious camera recording facilities with speed overlay is there anything that people think should be present, or would be needed.

306maxi i know your a WP user, any thoughts.

dombooth Andy_Monty, you both use in car recorders, any ideas?

Last edited:
just registered as an app developer for Windows 7.1/5/8 and WP8.

Had a few practices and think i've got a hand with the basics.

Essentially I've decided to develop and app most car users would use, and is lacking from the Windows Phone app list.. An in car camera recorder.

other than obvious camera recording facilities with speed overlay is there anything that people think should be present, or would be needed.

306maxi i know your a WP user, any thoughts.

dombooth Andy_Monty, you both use in car recorders, any ideas?

G forces, location (coordinates), date and time?

Dom

battery always battery on everything. can you make an automated program?

so when plugged in and in range of car bluetooth?
choose to record sound or not.
set pre delay and post delay?
time stamp?

you could possibly have issues with saving the files if it has been running a long time depends how it works, it's been a while since i looked at the camera APIs but you will need to use file sync to save the video stream to file.

GPS coordinates as well as speed is easy to do you can use the System.Device.Location namespace

as unknown said battery and performance is the big one however anyone that uses something like this should understand that it is gonna drain battery so plug it in to a car charger.

Sounds like a nice project good luck with it!

Back