Technical Wierd moan!!

Currently reading:
Technical Wierd moan!!

ok now this is a strange one. every now and then my cinq seems to make a moaning sound! even when sittin completely switched off! it randomly happens for about 2 secs then stops, then does it bout 5 sec later. It may be something so simple but its puzzling me, at first i thought it was just the wind but done it in the garage to!! any ideas???? xxx

My 1242 does that when its been running on fuel fumes. I think its related to the fuel pump or possibly the system releasing over-pressure.

Cant be sure though...

Eeee Mine's done this for years and I've always wondered what it was but because nothing's ever happened to make me think it wasn't right I've just taken it as it having a lil sigh after being thrashed about a bit - my theory over the yrs thought it was something suspension related!!! But if it's fuel related that wouldn't surprise me at all cos I always run it v low before it's topped up (and I know this isnt' good but I run it v low all the time so all the crap that would have built up has prob already gone thru system so aint necrap left to go thru :eek: )

Sorry OT but can anyone tell me where this crap comes from?

I've seen plenty of fuel cans being filled and I see no crap in them so I always ignore folks who say don't run it low or it will suck up the crap, there is no crap in the tank!

Liam

no too sure on this. mines never moaned. it creaks and knocks when driving but never moans. and as for the crap situation i have no idea. iv got 2 fuel filters on mine and i can see into one of them it looks a bit dirty but nothing too bad. the fuel is still running clean through it though.

bloomfieldliam said:
Sorry OT but can anyone tell me where this crap comes from?

I've seen plenty of fuel cans being filled and I see no crap in them so I always ignore folks who say don't run it low or it will suck up the crap, there is no crap in the tank!

Liam
I'm not sure if it's true or not - only going on what I've been told - it's prob the fuel companies bull crap so u fill up more often and always leave a 'float' of fuel in your tank!?!?

Little Red Devil said:
oh and does anyone know if having two fuel filters will decrease my performance?
No, provided you can maintain the maximum fuel flow your engine requires, you'll be fine.
H

Alaina, the moan noise is more than likely the fuel tank vent. On the filler neck there is a little 2 way valve which allows air in if it's under suction or air/fuel vapour out if it's under too much pressure. Mine sounds like a little quiet fart!

The crap in the fuel tanks... you do get a little residue from fuel over time, a sandy stuff usually - but mostly the crap will be from your own fuel tank and lines.

Hi,
Theres a two way valve on top of the tank as well as in the filler neck, this one is connected to the carbon evap can and has been known to make a farting/moaning :eek: noise sometimes, it keeps the tank under vacum and lets any over pressure bleed through the carbon can and into the inlet manifold, you can pull the pipe off the carbon can and blow back through it and get the same noise..... :D

Thanks
Paul T

You can get the same noise on the Coupe. This is a combination of the above, plus the fact that the Coupe tank is in 2 parts, with interconnecting tubes that are quite narrow.
H

Back