Why are breakers yards full of ignorant idiots?

Currently reading:
Why are breakers yards full of ignorant idiots?

O

Ozric-Al

So I'm trawling ebay looking for some bits for the makeover and spot a likely looking Marea. So I quickly fire off the following question: -

"Hi, Do you have the centre console / armrest available? Could you email me pictures to show clearly colour and condition from all angles and a cost (including all mounting points, vents and trunking, gaitors, switches)? Thanks."

Perfectly reasonable yes? The reason I asked for the pics is I've been shafted by people like this before on the console front and was sent a pile of sh1te so wanted some pics to guarantee I wanted it.

Anyway, get this back from "holeyboat - in Walsall": -

"We are breaking about 9 mareas, saloons and estates. if you tell us what colour you are looking for we will see if we have one that matches but we are not spending time taking photos of all of the ones we have, and stripping down the console to show you underneath."

All I asked for is photos of the condition. Who said anything about dismantling consoles in 9 cars? How was I to know they had 9 cars? The listing was for 1. What fantastic customer service!

To55ers! I will certainly avoid them now.

il give my breakers a ring in the morning ;)

DaveHGT.jpg

crazybunnies.gif

lol... do you want me to call them too??

see how many calls we can give them before they cotton on???

style5,TommyK.png

tommytag.jpg

style5,TommyK.png

Tommy K - Have you got the Bottle!!

Al,

that sort of idiocy is par for the course around breakers yards in Nottm., I rarely get any sense out of them over the phone. It puts me off dealing with them, but if there's no choice I always end up arguing about their prices.
It seems that unless you look like they do they'll try to rip you off. I never like haggling, reminds me too much of the biggest lunatic assylum in the world, the middle east!