1.4 loss of power problem

Currently reading:
1.4 loss of power problem

V

Viv

Our 1.4 2008 Bravo suddenly loses nearly all its power. This can happen at any speed, in any gear, whether hot or cold. If you take your foot off the accelerator and put back on it drives normally. No warning lights come on. It has been on a diagnostic machine which said accelerator. Changed accelerator and switch, still the same. To change the throttle body and the ecu would cost a fortune and still may not fix it. Have thought about resetting the ecu. Has anyone had the same problem?

If I get it right, the car looses power and if you release the throttle pedal and repress it again its all OK ?
If so, it may be a ECU related problem, some older fiat models had the same problem and a ecu firmware upgrade fixes the fault. Best to ask around a fiat garage IMO.
Plus check all the main fuses for connections.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

To Dark Lurker

Only 150 bhp, we downsized to the 1.4 T-Jet to save on fuel costs. It's still quite nippy though. What do you drive?

Same Problem

Hi there,

I've had my 08 reg bravo for literally a few days and this problem has arisen on mine. Its really peculiar!

Did you find out what the problem was in the end?

1.4 T-jet loss of power

Yes we did. It was a faulty connection on the brake switch and easily fixed for nothing! Get someone to drive behind you and see if your brake lights are coming on. Good luck.

Re: Same Problem

Hi Viv,

Ok i'll get that checked :)

Glad you got it all sorted ok! Thanks for the reply.