General whoops :(

Currently reading:
General whoops :(

cinqy_smurf

i had a lovely post lined up for today about how id finally fixed my cars leaky overheating problems!

last week got a new headgasket (and had to have the head welded it was that knackered) for 400 quid, car was beautiful and i was all set to tidy it up ready for my move to the south.

then today on my way to halfrauds with a mate managed to stack it into a road sign and write it off :( i dont understand how it happened, corner i take loads, but covered in grit, car just couldnt grip and went straight.

im gutted. and 3rd party insurance is as useless as a chocolate fireguard to me now

cos the engine had really low mileage, and i know its history, a scrapyard one couldve been through anything (plus i didnt really research it and jsut went ahead and got it done before i thought about that dave :p)

doesnt matter now anyway, gotta get a new car, and a slightly biggere engine since ill be driving it to hertfordshire regularly. :(

me and the girl i was gonna buy new wheel trims for are fine, and the salvage company took the car to ofset recovery costs, couldnt be arsed sorting anything out with it (me dad had taken over by this point)

@dan, dunno mate! up ****creek with money now :(

we're fine cheers blu :) she even bought me a present to make me feel better, even though i couldve killed her

thing is i think im gonna leave fiat now, insurance and price of a pug 106 cant really be argued with :S

well it was always in the balance whether or not i got a new (bigger) car cos i ahve to move to hertfordshire in july, and the mission down the m1 might push the 899, i can pick up a tidy 1L 106 for cheaper than i can a sporting round here, and the insurance is cheaper (that.1 of a litre makes all the difference apparently :p)

besides that, loaning the money form bank of mum and dad, and they demand a say in what i buy, and dont trust cinqs after all the hassle i had with the last one :(

cinqy_smurf said:
...3rd party insurance is as useless as a chocolate fireguard to me now
Maybe not, if the local authority (or whoever) decides to claim the cost of replacing the sign off you. :eek: Not too likely though.
As long as you're in one piece, that's the important thing.
H

hmallett said:
Maybe not, if the local authority (or whoever) decides to claim the cost of replacing the sign off you. :eek: Not too likely though.
As long as you're in one piece, that's the important thing.
H

we're expecting them, the policeman who attended took all my details to pass on, thing is now i lose my 2 years no claims!

Back