General Whoop another MOT pass

Currently reading:
General Whoop another MOT pass

Well the wagon went in on saturday for its annual MOT and it passed, 4 small advisories which i will get sorted this week, both droplinks have play and the front anti roll bar bushes need re-newing and one tyre is wearing on inner edge (they were already like that when i bought the wheels) NO RUST ISSUES AT ALL, i knew the floorpan on my car is solid as i have recently anti rust primered it and re-sealed it with under seal, but very pleased!!!

cheers

robin

Got mine on Monday, i'l let you know how it goes,

Dad needs to drive it there (I cant get insured for 1 day). It needs a good thrash to blow all the water out the exhaust system and the brakes need a rather large clean, the outer body (Underside) is now showing signs of rust spreading, i don't think theres much metal left actually, maybe a bit so i need to act quickly on that, and i'm hoping the damaged arch won't get picked up on!

I'l let you know how i get one!

Failed - Rotted body pan, both brake disks need replacing (Shuddering etc etc,) antiquesk tyre (old, cracked, falling to pieces),

Disks and pads 100 quid, welding 120+ depending on if the body pan rust is more work :p, my guy that i use is very good though, 10 days i'm hoping to have marea on the road, and then i will commence a full underside coating for anti chip/rust.

Dad drove it there this morning and i followed, was awesome to be honest, that 1.6 has alot of decent power behind it!, marea rear looks so great at a distance??, was firing water like a cannon until she warmed up, brakes just didnt really wan't to clear properly so a new front set'l do her nice, can't wait! so excited :p

nice going on another 12 months buddy, and mr migs, that is not too bad at all, once done the person doing the welding will probably use a zinc paint then re-coast with some anti rust primer (i brushed mine on) and then a few coats of underseal and it should be as good as new

Yeah i was extremely happy about the car, thought it was a deadweight :( but the price isn't so bad either, well my parents weren't so happy about price ;), i want it for 2 - 3 years. Also the bonet lock siezed up again *Doh*, i had to fix the seats as the locking mechanism wouldnt engage (Sawwted).

Annoyed at how weak the marea bonet is though, mechanic was trying to close it and already we have microdents. Let alone the dents i've made when gently shutting it! oh well gna try contract out them dents when i get the car back! try this heat/freeze combo, i jsut love the marea front end!!

Also my rear bumper has gone all wierd (Expanded?) maybe due to sat in sun and rain too long lol, i want to neaten her up, maybe like a project car! but time and money will be required :S.

Have to say, scrapping my micra (First car) will be one of the saddest days of my life :( never had so much excitement in my life before until i got that, put like 30 k miles odd on it in the first year alone.

Last edited:
Congrats on teh MOT pass Notorius thats awesome!! another weekend on teh road after hibernating lol, MrMigs, is the micra that bad that you need to scrap it?? i know a few people who are looking for a K11, and as for the bonnet mine is covererd in dents, i am going to do away with teh latch and get some bonnet pins instead, this way i wont have to worry about pushing the bonnet closed as i can lay it down and lock it. next up some weight loss for the old girl and run the strip see what qtr i can set then start improving from there!

Cheers Rob mate, looks like the old girl will finally get started on the restyling and possibly colour change.
Oh and forgot to mention it passed on its emmissions without having a CAT fitted, strange that.
Well happy let the transformation begin....

Last edited:
Congrats on teh MOT pass Notorius thats awesome!! another weekend on teh road after hibernating lol, MrMigs, is the micra that bad that you need to scrap it?? i know a few people who are looking for a K11, and as for the bonnet mine is covererd in dents, i am going to do away with teh latch and get some bonnet pins instead, this way i wont have to worry about pushing the bonnet closed as i can lay it down and lock it. next up some weight loss for the old girl and run the strip see what qtr i can set then start improving from there!

Well its still taxed and MOT'd and is still working fine, problem is its had welding, the steering is creeking at full lock (I know it has worn joints), worn front shocks 3 alloys and a steelie, the other is in the boot, and the rear left side support pillar has been bent in :LOL:.

I dno, just trying to get 100 or so for the car (My friend managed to get for his) and get the remaining tax left on the disk :).

Well its still taxed and MOT'd and is still working fine, problem is its had welding, the steering is creeking at full lock (I know it has worn joints), worn front shocks 3 alloys and a steelie, the other is in the boot, and the rear left side support pillar has been bent in :LOL:.

I dno, just trying to get 100 or so for the car (My friend managed to get for his) and get the remaining tax left on the disk :).

Well get it up for sale on Retro rides forum i reckon you will see easily at least £200

Cheers Rob mate, looks like the old girl will finally get started on the restyling and possibly colour change.
Oh and forgot to mention it passed on its emmissions without having a CAT fitted, strange that.
Well happy let the transformation begin....

Sweet as buddy, de-cat, now i am going to be doing this very soon too as mine rattles big time, did you notice any performance increase at all?

talking of paint mine is going into the bodyshop on the 17th of september hopefully and i may not see it for a few months depending on how much my quote is lol;)

Back