General MOT failure

Currently reading:
General MOT failure

Question 1: Do you want to buy new front tires more often?

Answer that and you have the other answer.

yes yes, of course, there is no doubt that the tracking will be done by a garage with the laser equipment, i was a little unclear, so to clarify my question, which Charlie read between the lines and got the jist of.
If i change the TRE, and replace them as close as possible to the position of the old ones, will i fall off the road during the 5km to the garage.

i like Charlies answer and will go with that, that's pretty much how i had imagines doing it, and i'm glad someone else has tried it first, and not died. (y)

Last edited:
ok, pieces ordered, just need to wait for them to arrive and a nice weekend to fit them.
2 tie rod ends' seems silly to just do one, they're both the same age.
2 anti roll bar arms (cheap and easy stab in the dark try at solving the clunking suspension, although im fairly sure it will involve wishbone and anti roll bar bushes to solve completely)
2 rear brake flexible lines
i'll take the opportunity to replace the brake fluid while im at it, i have no idea when it was last done, and i've had the car two years now, so it's overdue.

well i feel quite pleased with myself today, i managed to change the starter motor (starts like a brand new, absolute beast now!), 2 anti roll bar drop links, and both tie rod ends, put it all back together and have a quick test drive, and i have plently of time to drink a cuppa tea and write this before picking the kids up at 5pm.
i have a mandatory 20km to do collecting kids tonight and dropping kids off monday morning but straight after i will go to have the tracking done. a bit pricy at 50euros, but worth it for peace of mind.

Back