Who is interested in the RR day in North London Sunday the 3rd of February 08?

Currently reading:

Posted by Oldschool
Red Dot at Watford
Sunday, February 3, 2008 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, February 3, 2008 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
so would it alter the rr figure if rr set to standard correction method?

No, it would make no difference. The early 1.2 16v nearly aways produce good/better power than book (87-89bhp) as Fiat downplayed its output so not to take sales from the Punto 90 for example. My 1.2 16v with bolt-on filter and lash-up exhaust produced 92.33bhp. Go the 1.2s:D

the 1.2 bravo book bhp is 82. and its a very nippy engine. but techinally 93.91 that mine is putting out isnt at its full potential with the work thats been done on it... technically it should be closer to 100 but she isnt running right atm. and the 82hp apparent standard is probably closer to 86..

We couldn't do GrandeJ's GP 1.2 on Sunday, but have been doing it today.

With induction it topped out at 78bhp @ 5500rpm (flywheel) and 68ft lb (wheels) @ 4200rpm.

With induction and re-map peak power is now 84.4bhp @ 5200rpm (flywheel) and 72.9ft lb @ 5200rpm.

mines stil faster haha

nah... i thought it was 84 before the map... well thats what his msn name said aaaages ago. that was just with the induction. he must have been bending the truth a little! :confused:

no. the rollers were set up wrong on the first induction run last july.

so it over read.

current Readings are all correct due to making a new profile on the RR for a 1.2 8v Grande Punto

And btw Peter.

After mapping (y)(y)(y)(y)

i was like this :D all the way home!!

torque is much better, and it pulls much harder at the start of each gear. accel from 60+ is loads better aswell! (y)

nice one! :)

Sorry folks - been out of the loop for a bit and just getting sorted out now I'm finally home :)
So a wee 'report' on the RR day at Red Dot..... got up bright and early on the Sunday from a night in my luxury digs at a Travelodge (after humping down the road from Aberdeenshire on the Saturday in the snow :D) and met up with "Red Devil" at the gates of Red Dot.
RedABZ1.jpg

After a bit of a wait we got in to the yard and waited for a bit longer - not unexpected.... cigarettes helped. Red Dot seemed to have a hell a lot of performance Jap motors scattered about which I totally failed to take an pictures of :rolleyes: but here's one of the front of Red Dot:
Reddot.jpg

My car was on the rollers first to see what she'd got as standard:

Firstrunstandard.jpg

Results were better than I expected - 120bhp standard instead of the 'book' 115bhp:

Stilorun1.jpg

Next task was to strip out the standard induction box and (as is usually the way with Stilos) it's a pig of a job :rolleyes: Took bloody ages and if it hadn't been for the very kind help of the guys from this forum who gave up their time to help me out it would have taken a hell of a lot longer :eek: Cheers boys (y)

MRfixit.jpg

Pics of the car getting taken apart:
Takingthecarapart.jpg

Usedtobeanairboxthere.jpg

Puttingitbacktogether.jpg

The GSR kit was then assembled and bunged in - looks quite nice in black IMHO:

GSRfitted2.jpg

Next mission was to get it onto the rollers for second power run before remapping, results aren't too shabby at all:

Stilorun2.jpg

Peter "Old School" was a busy guy that day, have a look at this for a loaded down Cinq:

Peterscinq.jpg

And the moment of truth after the remap:

Stilorun3.jpg

Car sounds f*cking awesome and goes like a dose of the runs off a teflon coated and polished shovel :devil: A huge improvement over standard but maybe not the outright power gains that some expected I was, and am, quite happy with 155+

Thanks to Red Devil I can also add a wee video of the final power run:

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/...current=AbzJtdwithGSRinductionafterRe-Map.flv

A long way to come and I wouldn't say it's all perfect yet (Peter - check your emails m8 ;) ) but worth it?

Oh yes (y)

You didnt need the email I told him on the phone yesterday ..nothing gets past my attention :)

Back