Whitney Houston Dies at 48...

Currently reading:
Whitney Houston Dies at 48...

is it too soon for jokes yet?

houston.jpg

The number of people in the "pop" industry who've died as a result of drugs over the years is phenominal, and don't think it's been a problem only since the '60s. Jazz musicians of the '20s, '30s and '40s died of a myriad of causes in addition to drugs there was alcoholism, syphilis and murder.

One of the modern problems with celebrities and drugs is that while in the '30s, people in your street didn't take diamorphine, they do today. Celebrities can jet off to the Priory or Crossroads in Jamaica, your local scroats however sell their methadone in order to but more heroin. If they don't have enough they just steal your Satnav or mug your grannie.

While members of Lynnyrd Skynnyrd died in a plane crash and Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed in a helicopter accident and I have sympathy for them, it doesn't extend to the likes of Amy Winehouse or Witney Houston.

It's a pity those great talents were destroyed by drugs or alcohol but what's happening in Greece and Syria is far more important and it's the people who live in those places who deserve our sympathy while Witney should be the butt of jokes, so joke away.

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan...

a lot of people on my facebook are acting as if they were avid listeners of her music. sounds awful but i feel a lot of people like to jump on the 'RIP bandwagon'? Not that i dont express sympathy for her friends and family or indeed anyone else who dies! A lot of people are associating her drug habit with the death, time will tell i guess!

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan...

a lot of people on my facebook are acting as if they were avid listeners of her music. sounds awful but i feel a lot of people like to jump on the 'RIP bandwagon'? Not that i dont express sympathy for her friends and family or indeed anyone else who dies! A lot of people are associating her drug habit with the death, time will tell i guess!

Totally agree with you there. For example, (some of you probably wont know who this guy is) when Jimmy 'the rev' Sullivan died from avenged sevenfold, i suddenly saw loads of facebook updates about his death and everyone listening to the band etc but i just wonder how many of them people still even remember that he died and still miss how important he was to the band

i personally hate how many of the people who are on this bandwagon would have ridiculed her while she was at her lowest, but now she's gone they all suddenly care.

i personally hate how many of the people who are on this bandwagon would have ridiculed her while she was at her lowest, but now she's gone they all suddenly care.

This. We seem to love it when people are at their lowest, mocking them and shaking our heads, instead of holding our hands out in their time of need.

Now it's too late. Amy Winehouse perfect example, then you get the maggots crawling out of the woodwork claiming how friendly they were. Don't you just love this culture?

Back