IMG_01065.JPG

Panda (Classic) White Mk1 Panda 45CL

Introduction

This is the white mk1 45CL I rescued recently. He's been in storage for a few years since the elderly owner died, but now back up and running. Showing a heady 12000 miles, and with all the old MOT's, he had to be saved!

Future uncertain in terms of where he will end up, but it has to be a good home if/when he moves on........

These pictures were taken in between snow showers today (yep that's snow falling in pics 4 & 5!). Having washed the car, the paint was disappointingly dull, with deep black ingrained dirt, and black streaks everywhere. It looked better dirty.......

Today I did stage one and two of the Meguiars three stage polishes (followed by a quick flash over with Meguairs Quikwax), and wow what a difference - paint has come to life, gone white, and shines - lots of work needed as this was a quick attempt at making semi presentable for a show, but some potential there I think......... (y) Don't worry it's nowhere near as perfect as it may look in the photos, but very good for a mk1.

Thats the same model of panda I had for my first car, except mine had a lot of rust and was red. I still miss it.:rolleyes:

Just Bumping this thread to continue the story.

If you've seen the Panda's at the NEC thread you will have noticed that Casper was at the show. While he was with me waiting his turn for attention so that he could be sold on I found myself growing to like him, so a couple of months ago I did a deal with Gavin, as a result Casper is now ours.

I can't imagine him moving on any time soon, the recent expenditure would mean that I'd have to take a huge loss if I were to sell. Also, I like him too much! To me he represents the Panda in it's purest form, and in order to clear my conscience over all the alloy wheels, Alfa seat conversions etc etc, I intend to keep him as close to 'Factory' for as long as I possibly can. ;)

I will start a new thread to chart resent and future work/adventures as soon as I've caught up on a few others, but first I need to recover from the NEC. :sleep:

Back