Technical Whistling sound from comfortmatic X250 Ducato camper.

Currently reading:
Technical Whistling sound from comfortmatic X250 Ducato camper.

Woodyvan

Hi. I’ve been a member for a while but never posted- hope this is the right place.

I have a whistling sound (like through your teeth whistling) which has been there a while momentarily when the Comfortmatic box does it’s gear changes, but which has become much more noticeable in recent days. It seems only to be really significant when in Auto, and is not there once under heavy acceleration or when coasting (usually ). If I use manual selection I don’t seem to hear it. Everything is working fine but I am now obviously concerned about the sound . I suspect it has something to do with the fluid in the two reservoirs I have learned about on this site but no one has mentioned the same sound I am hearing. The ATF is most unlikely to have ever been changed in the rectangular one and whilst not black, it does look darker than if new. The Dot 4 in the round one looks not too bad and appears about the right level. Van is 2014 ducato 150 multijet with 28,000 miles of which I have done 18,000 since buying it in 2019. I am planning to suck out as much as possible of the ATF and top back up as I am currently on holiday in France in the van so have limited options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back