General Whirring noise when you open the drivers door

Currently reading:
General Whirring noise when you open the drivers door

Car is a TA 500c 2012

Does anyone know what the electric motor whirring noise is when you open the drivers door ?

It doesn't seem to adjust anything physically that youncan see, but lasts for a seconds as you open the drivers door only, if you close the door wait a while minutes and reopen it you hear the motor run again , does anyone know what it's moving or achieving as it seem to be coming from within the door area ?

It can't be the central locking as the door is already unlocked ?

Is it a dual logic gearbox? If so its the hydraullic pump priming or maintaining the circuit at 40psi, nothing to worry about.

I expect it is a lot more than 40psi - maybe you meant 40bar (560psi?)

The sound has a slightly harder, cheaper edge to it than an Alfa Selespeed pump. I expect they will start to die in around five years with worn-out brushes, but will probably spring to life given a few hammer taps. That will be handy, as then we'll be able to start up and drive off and get around to get the pump replaced or cheaply make new brushes. We therefore have five years to find where the pump is - I think it's on top of the gearbox :)

If you ever notice the pump running for longer, then I think it would be wise to check/top up the CS Speed fluid. I believe the reservoir is integral with the pump. Fluid is not checked or replaced in the official service schedule, but one day it will need it, and the gearbox has its own gear oil too which I would replace at the six year mark.

-Alex

Last edited:
I expect it is a lot more than 40psi - maybe you meant 40bar (560psi?)

The sound has a slightly harder, cheaper edge to it than an Alfa Selespeed pump. I expect they will start to die in around five years with worn-out brushes, but will probably spring to life given a few hammer taps. That will be handy, as then we'll be able to start up and drive off and get around to get the pump replaced or cheaply make new brushes. We therefore have five years to find where the pump is - I think it's on top of the gearbox :)

If you ever notice the pump running for longer, then I think it would be wise to check/top up the CS Speed fluid. I believe the reservoir is integral with the pump. Fluid is not checked or replaced in the official service schedule, but one day it will need it, and the gearbox has its own gear oil too which I would replace at the six year mark.

-Alex

Yeah when my duallogic box broke it just kept on whizzing! How do you check the c5 speed fluid? Is it different than the gearbox fluid? After my failure i am a bit more careful with the box!

Back