General Which spark plugs

Currently reading:
General Which spark plugs

cheers, I took my existing ones out and they are short reach Bosch FR7DC+ so I bought new ones and fitted them. I was hoping that they would sort out a chronic misfire but unfortunately not so it looks like new petrol injectors needed.

were the 4 old plugs all the same colour.. ?

indicating they are all burning fuel in the same way..;)

were the 4 old plugs all the same colour.. ?

indicating they are all burning fuel in the same way..;)
Thanks but it's all sorted now. I limped to a local garage yesterday and they put an OBD reader on it which came up with an injector No 2 fault code. I had that last year and replaced it so he simply cleared the codes and everything is fine now thankfully. It seems that the ECU can retain codes unless they are cleared using the right type of reader.

Thanks but it's all sorted now. I limped to a local garage yesterday and they put an OBD reader on it which came up with an injector No 2 fault code. I had that last year and replaced it so he simply cleared the codes and everything is fine now thankfully. It seems that the ECU can retain codes unless they are cleared using the right type of reader.

The OBD codes are standard..

Basic engine codes can be read and cleared by devices costing from 10 to 40 pounds

More expensive kit does ABS. Airbags. Etc

The machine should tell you if its stored..or still currently active..

Some will state distance covered with the fault..

Charlie

Back