General Which Options?

Currently reading:
General Which Options?

greencode

I'm just tying to figure out how much a new T-Jet or M-Jet is going to cost and so wondering what options I should get...

These are what I was thinking about:

Subwoofer
Dark Tinted Windows
Dual Zone Climate Control
Electric Sunroof (not too sure about this because it's a lot of money and I will be having the Air Con in one way of another but it does look pretty good!)

I'd appreciate people's thoughts on what I should get. I've heard there's not too much difference with the Subwoofer Option as opposed to the standard speakers?

I'm just tying to figure out how much a new T-Jet or M-Jet is going to cost and so wondering what options I should get...

Subwoofer
Dark Tinted Windows
Electric Sunroof (not too sure about this because it's a lot of money and I will be having the Air Con in one way of another but it does look pretty good!)

I'd appreciate people's thoughts on what I should get. I've heard there's not too much difference with the Subwoofer Option as opposed to the standard speakers?

Deffo the climate, doesn't really cost that much and its very useful. Also makes the interior look a lot nicer (y) Sub isn't worth it really there are better after market ones if thats your thing, tints - I take it you mean the back windows?? Probably much cheaper if you get it done elsewhere. Finally the skydome, I have it and I love it but I don't really know why. It means less headroom, isn't cheap and I never open it :rolleyes:

Deffo the climate, doesn't really cost that much and its very useful. Also makes the interior look a lot nicer (y) Sub isn't worth it really there are better after market ones if thats your thing, tints - I take it you mean the back windows?? Probably much cheaper if you get it done elsewhere. Finally the skydome, I have it and I love it but I don't really know why. It means less headroom, isn't cheap and I never open it :rolleyes:

don't think thetints from fiat are that expensive, about £100 I think. Have you ever had lack of headroom problems with the skydome?

don't think thetints from fiat are that expensive, about £100 I think. Have you ever had lack of headroom problems with the skydome?

I orginally opted for the Skydome (to kind of match the superb version on my Stilo) but sitting in a car in the showroom it didn't look right with the large strut across the roof line and - even though it's the length of the car - it doesn't fully open (unlike the Stilo's which folds back completely). I wasn't keen on those weird patterns on the seats either so I opted for the similar priced leather instead. Definately worth getting the climate though.

Subwoofer
Dark Tinted Windows

Take NO options. The sunroof is a total waste of money - you will be lucky to want to use it more than 6 times a year in this country! Tinted windows is a personal thing (Will you feel like Daniel Craig in a mere Fiat GP or will you feel like an utter Pratt in your very cheap motor?). Dual zone climate control is only good if you are married & wish to continue that marriage without argument!:(

Come trade-in (or Private Sale) time, none of those very expensive options will add a single penny to your car. You won't get any more for it than the BASIC car, Just 'phone your local dealer today to confirm what I have said........

Last edited:
Take NO options. The sunroof is a total waste of money - you will be lucky to want to use it more than 6 times a year in this country! Tinted windows is a personal thing (Will you feel like Daniel Craig in a mere Fiat GP or will you feel like an utter Pratt in your very cheap motor?). Dual zone climate control is only good if you are married & wish to continue that marriage without argument!:(

Come trade-in (or Private Sale) time, none of those very expensive options will add a single penny to your car. You won't get any more for it than the BASIC car, Just 'phone your local dealer today to confirm what I have said........

Thanks for your thoughts. I've currently got the rear tinted windows and climate control in my MINI Cooper so I'll probably get just those - the sunroof does seem to be a huge amount of money and the subwoofer nobody seems to think is that good anyway.

i would have the skydome that's for sure,it wasn't an option for me 18months ago when igot mine i just grabbed the 1st one to come into the dealers,or wait at least 3 months.i think the skydome enhances the look of the gp except for in black where it would go unnoticed wanted to be the 1st one to get one as for climate control it does improve the the weakest part of the gps dash aesthetically more pleasing to the eye more lights and buttons,but for functionality it wont be much different to the air con.only other option i would mention is a nfsp front valance or other make of valance:D

i've opted for the skydome on my GPS, i think it looks awesome on the orange, i've also gone for the subwoofer as my mom's old punto hada built in one and i thought it was quiete good and a little extra feature.

i've opted for the skydome on my GPS, i think it looks awesome on the orange, i've also gone for the subwoofer as my mom's old punto hada built in one and i thought it was quiete good and a little extra feature.
i personally think the skydome look horrid and its a waste of money. i would get climate control and cruise control, but if given the choice of 1 i would have cruise control (only if you drive alot of motorways). I would definatly without fail get rain and light sensors if only fiat did them like every other car maker!!!!

cruise control on our motoways you have got be kidding stop start stop start you never get a uncongested motorways these unless you are driving in the middle of the night.all my driving is motorway dual carriage way almost 32,000 miles of them and not ounce have i thought i wished i had cruise control :confused: maybe if you lived in the USA where the freeways are mind numbingly long cruise control would mandatory.not in the uk:p

I've got Cruise Control on my MINI but most of the time forget it's there! I do use it on that stretch of the M1 though where there's those average speed cameras. Does anyone ever get caught on those because I always stay dead on the limit and see loads of people going faster!

As for the auto lights and windscreen wipers, ummmm that is a little bit lazy :)

I opted for :

Skydome - looks great with the white, and I've had it open pretty much every day.....even if it's cold just whack the heater on

Climate Control - I hate manual air con cause you're either too cold or too hot. Plus I like all the buttons and the extra screen

Tinted Rear windows - makes the back of the car look a bit more expensive imo

Sub - I'd say get it because it adds a bit extra fun to sound system

I opted for :

Skydome - looks great with the white, and I've had it open pretty much every day.....even if it's cold just whack the heater on

Climate Control - I hate manual air con cause you're either too cold or too hot. Plus I like all the buttons and the extra screen

Tinted Rear windows - makes the back of the car look a bit more expensive imo

Sub - I'd say get it because it adds a bit extra fun to sound system

Do you have any pics of your GPS? I was kinda thinking of white with the skydome and tinted windows. It'd be nice to see one.

the fiat climate control aint the state of the art.it just looks better on the dash with extra screen and lights.nowt else:)

the fiat climate control aint the state of the art.it just looks better on the dash with extra screen and lights.nowt else:)

Surely it's better than just having the A/C? I've had both A/C and Climate Control on different cars and with the normal A/C you are forever turning it on/off and turning it up and down whereas the Climate Control in my MINI just stays on a constant temperature and that's that which gives a perfect temp in the car.

Do you have any pics of your GPS? I was kinda thinking of white with the skydome and tinted windows. It'd be nice to see one.
Image000.jpg

Hmmm not so sure about that! It does make the dash look much better like you say but is also really useful as you don't need to constantly mess around with controls. I would say climate is the best option out of them all by far. Have you considered leather also?? This will not only give you nicer looking seats (can't comment on comfort!) but also an armrest with some useful storage - something which the gp is really lacking & lumbar support.

Climate without doubt and get the leather, looks so much better:slayer:

lol i was in two minds whether to get the leather but wanted the skydome really bad as it looks excellent on the orange. and i couldn't really afford both.

Back