Tuning Which mod/turbo question T-jet

Currently reading:
Tuning Which mod/turbo question T-jet

Because they are quite similar turbos plus the vl38 I got with no miles on for £200 off a mate on here.

I had the turbo put on 1 year and a half a go with only having the forge intake and ran 167bhp

Now I have the actuator, intercooler and exhaust done so should run 175-180bhp. I really need to get the car back on the rolling road.

Are you not running a new map then?

Because they are quite similar turbos plus the vl38 I got with no miles on for £200 off a mate on here.

I had the turbo put on 1 year and a half a go with only having the forge intake and ran 167bhp

Now I have the actuator, intercooler and exhaust done so should run 175-180bhp. I really need to get the car back on the rolling road.

Ah I see, bargain! Would you suggest the 38 if you had the choice or just which ever is easier to get hold of? Impressive stats! How's it fair against other cars?

Towel over exhaust for emissions test, if you know some1

If the exhaust fabricator does the right job yes, on the mjets its simple enough

Dont know gains on the tjet but most petrol turbos have impressive gains

Unforchunately I don't know any mechanics/mot testers :(! Would the de-cat have to be custom made orrrr?

Heat soak is when the intercooler doesn't cool as much because it has picked up and retained a lot of heat without being able to disapparate it. Causing the intercooler to not function as well, therefore feels like its down on power.

Ooo I see! Thanks for that :)! So an intercooler upgrade would benefit my current and future turbo? What would I see from upgrading it before the turbo?

Ah I see, bargain! Would you suggest the 38 if you had the choice or just which ever is easier to get hold of? Impressive stats! How's it fair against other cars?

Either turbo is very good, I had the choice but only one other person had used a vl38 on a Tjet so I wanted to see what gains I would get.

It is very impressively quick, will have most car off the lights, type rs, gtis and what not.

It's funny because people don't expect it to be that quick because its a fiat.

You may get your local MOT man to pass a de-cat, but you won't get it past a VOSA spot check "pretty car, sir, shame we're impounding it".

The 500 (let alone the GP!) is disadvantaged primarily by its weight. The Poles have T-Jet powered Cinqs well into the 12 second standing quarter mile (albeit, probably on slicks). Doesn't sound alot, but is way faster than a stock MR2 turbo or a Volvo T5.

Last edited:
Back