General Which EHU connection for France

Currently reading:
General Which EHU connection for France

Nurds

Hello all.
I know many French sites allow you to use a standard UK EHU. However, for those that require the European connection, can you tell me which it is. See attached pictures of two versions.

I already have the single pin European connection but then that gives me a male to male connection issue. If it’s this version, is there such a thing as a male to male coupling??

Or is it the 2 pronged European plug in which case my UK lead will fit the connection?
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8224.jpeg
    IMG_8224.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8223.png
    IMG_8223.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 36
Hello all.
I know many French sites allow you to use a standard UK EHU. However, for those that require the European connection, can you tell me which it is. See attached pictures of two versions.

I already have the single pin European connection but then that gives me a male to male connection issue. If it’s this version, is there such a thing as a male to male coupling??

Or is it the 2 pronged European plug in which case my UK lead will fit the connection?
Thank you.
Its the crusader version on the left you need. Its a dual purpose one for old connectors French and German.

...as above, you are best with a "Schuko" plug to a 16 amp socket.

You may encounter 2-pin outlet sockets with the earth on a male pin in the socket (mainly France) and the hole in the Schuko plug is designed to accept that, or where the earth is provided by a connection at the perimeter of the two-pin socket, (mainly Germany) and the metal contact at the top of the Schuko plug is designed to contact that.

Hence the connector works with both of the more common types of 2-pin outlets.

Back