Styling Where to put LED's and Neons tastefully in my MK1 Punto

Currently reading:
Styling Where to put LED's and Neons tastefully in my MK1 Punto

hey,i want to put some more neons/led's in my car (interior) but i want them in places that accent the car and not chav it up i already have led's behind each vent (so it just shines up the back of the vent) and a neon tube in the foot well (all wired up to the dash lighting plug thing lol)
any ideas welcome
thanks liam

Re: WHERE TO PUT LED's AND NEONS TASTEFULLY IN MY MK1 PUNTO

hey,i want to put some more neons/led's in my car (interior) but i want them in places that accent the car and not chav it up i already have led's behind each vent (so it just shines up the back of the vent) and a neon tube in the foot well (all wired up to the dash lighting plug thing lol)
any ideas welcome
thanks liam

I think thats already at the limit!

In my last car i had neons in the footwells and it looked quite good, also try putting some under the front seats. Its always good to wire them up so that they only come on with the ignition and fitting an inline switch is good, because you dont always want them on while driving at night.

LEDs/Neons = crap.

Even the running lights on the Audis look totally chavtastic to me!:bang:

Each to there own, depends on what style your going after. I personally wouldn't put any in my Punto, but i will have some fitted within my ICE install eventually

Ive just changed the colour of the dash lights, heater switches etc, I have led on a switch for my CD box in the centre console and I was thinking of wiring some up for the glove box and the door pockets and the coin tray all operated on the same switch.as for ones that are of no practical use im not so keen though I did have some footwell neons until the garage broke one...... :(

might fit some like my old man has on his 300c

puddlelights.jpg

is that from the sill?

better imo to put them in the door cards so you dont have to drill the bodywork and risk corrosion... That looks cool though. Like them in the mirrors aswell like on the new Mini's.

yeah in the sill. wouldnt really matter about drilling so long as they're fitted properly :)

:chin:

how would you go about getting the wiring there then? with them being in the door cards, its easy to get a feed from the interior light...

could go down the a pillar, through the firewall grommet, down the back of the engine bay and across each sill

i used to have some mounted in the top of my ashtray it was easy to get the wireing there by simply undoing the 4 allen bolts holding it up (mk1 btw) it made life soo much easier for smoking at night as i used to flick the ash out the window and when it was wet that resulted in it sticking down the side of the car!

i used to have some mounted in the top of my ashtray it was easy to get the wireing there by simply undoing the 4 allen bolts holding it up (mk1 btw) it made life soo much easier for smoking at night as i used to flick the ash out the window and when it was wet that resulted in it sticking down the side of the car!

shouldnt smoke in your car!

the best king of lighting is the more suble and non chav approach!! by doing something different you can almost be sure it wont look to gay .. the best thing to do would be to go down to your local cruise .. look at what everyone there has done .. then do the opposite

Back