Technical where is the radiator?

Currently reading:
Technical where is the radiator?

lisa23

Hi

I am afraid i know nothing about cars but my warning light came on the other day and i want to top up things i should top up and the radiator is one i am unsure about, i'm not sure where it is! Can anyone tell me where and what the symbol on the cap is so i know? And am i right in thinking this is where the coolant goes too or is that elsewhere?

If anyone can give some advice it would be very helpful

Thanks, Lisa

Hi

I am afraid i know nothing about cars but my warning light came on the other day and i want to top up things i should top up and the radiator is one i am unsure about, i'm not sure where it is! Can anyone tell me where and what the symbol on the cap is so i know? And am i right in thinking this is where the coolant goes too or is that elsewhere?

If anyone can give some advice it would be very helpful

Thanks, Lisa

The radiator is at the very front of your car, under the bonnet nearest to you when standing in front of the car, the topping up is done with coolant (not neat water!) at the expansion bottle, it should be off white in colour, any nearby bloke should be able to point you in the right direction :eek:

thanks to both replies, very helpful, i will give it a go now i know where to start! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

thanks to both replies, very helpful, i will give it a go now i know where to start! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Coolant Lisa NOT just water... really REALLY important! I'd suggest any leaks are found & fixed first... the reason fo needing a top up. Then you may need to bleed any air out... it gets a bit tougher for a lady then.

Good Luck.

Back