Technical Where is OBD located on my Barchetta?

Currently reading:
Technical Where is OBD located on my Barchetta?

Some great information there but I tried connecting to all three with a OBD11 hand held scanner and it just keeps coming up with “ linking error “. I know the scanner works on my van and other cars but not on the B. I think Fiat code is inoperative on my B as it had a Sigma m30 alarm fitted when imported 1998.
Can anybody shed some light on this please?
Airbag light been on 6 years now. :confused:
Hi,
Generic handheld scanners won't work with older Fiats. You need to get specific software like Multiecuscan www.multiecuscan.net
The KL or vag-com interface is more suited to the B than the elm327

Robert G8RPI

Last edited:
Hi,
Generic handheld scanners won't work with older Fiats. You need to get specific software like Multiecuscan www.multiecuscan.net
The KL or vag-com interface is more suited to the B than the elm327

Robert G8RPI

Absolutely and if the original poster wants to visit me then they will get a good demonstration of MES, have a bit of fun and exchange "B" stories/technical/etc.

hello, on my barchetta 1999 model, i have the yellow obd cable with GND + K (white and red)

i use a cable adaptator and vagcom kkl fiat compatible

Unfortunately i can not connect it to Multiecuscan, usb driver is OK, the vagcom is discover on the software, but the ECU does not respond

anybody had a solution ?

1686246263778.png

1686246143674.png

You need to connect the red wire to your battery for +12V, otherwise it won't work.
Sometimes there is a switch on the OBD adapter, try different switch positions when connecting to ECU.

thanks, i have already connected the red, the communication is not working between the ECU and the adapter, meanwhile the computer detect the adapter correctly, i have not switch on my VAGCOM KKL 409.1

You are referring to "yellow OBD cable" but your car doesn't have OBD. Are you sure you are connecting to the correct ECU cable? The engine ECU socket should be located either on the right side of passenger footwell, or under the bonnet near bulkhead.
Have you checked in Device manager that COM port is created successfully, and the driver is installed?
Is the right COM port selected in MES configuration?

If everything is right and still cannot connect, try another VAG KKL adapter, preferably with the switch. Those cheap ass chinese adapters sometimes just don't work.

yes to all, i think it may be caused by the CH340 chip, i will order for a FT232 chip

thanks

Back