Where has my punto Gone??

Currently reading:
Where has my punto Gone??

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
I have a conumdrum

My old Silver punto which I owned for 8 years appears to have completely disapeared.

If I look on the Government website to check its Tax Status the car comes up as not listed (YS54EKL)

If I look on the motor insurance database the car is showing as not insured.

If I look on the likes of GSF or Euro car parts and put that number plate in it does come back as the correct car.

I had a private plate on it and I have that private plate on my current car, So i thought maybe someone has changed the plate. That would then make sense that the car doesn't come up on the DVLA website, that said, If i put the original plate of my current car into the likes of GSF or Euro car parts, it doesn't come up, the plate is not registered to any car and the website sees that.

If a car gets scrapped it still appears on the DVLA for example my old Punto HGT which got scrapped still shows when it was last taxed and MOTd in 2013, this also applies if a car is stolen, so its unlikely its been scrapped or written off.

It seems that the DVLA still holds a record of the car's exsistance hence why GSF, insurance companies and alike can still pull up the cars details if queried. however the DVLA themselves won't give details on this car anymore.

My question is what's happend to it, has it been Exported? is this what happens if a car is exported or could there be another reason for its disaperance from the DVLA website?

I sold it just under 4 years ago in March 2016, the guy who bought it came all the way from manchester to Norfolk, and it did appear on their for a couple of years but now its vanished.

Can you explain this mystery?
Answers on a post card? (or somewhere just below)

Not shown as exported

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-02-13-57-39.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-02-13-57-39.png
    458.1 KB · Views: 36
MOT history is interesting, looks like it had a fair bit of rust and likely needed some welding in 2018, but then in 2019 they never bothered to get it tested again. and with 130k miles its likely someone would scrap it if it had a lot of rust, but then again they are still selling for around £800 -£1000 because of the £30 road tax and they genuinely get 60 to the gallon, its cheapness wwould often out weigh any repair costs.

MOT history is interesting, looks like it had a fair bit of rust and likely needed some welding in 2018, but then in 2019 they never bothered to get it tested again. and with 130k miles its likely someone would scrap it if it had a lot of rust, but then again they are still selling for around £800 -£1000 because of the £30 road tax and they genuinely get 60 to the gallon, its cheapness wwould often out weigh any repair costs.
Probably somewhere being broken for parts then my guess and will be scrapped when it has ass the useful bits sold

A car disappears off the tax / MOT database when it's been given a certificate of destruction.

A car disappears off the tax / MOT database when it's been given a certificate of destruction.

Well I wondered this, now you’ve mentioned it, I had looked up an old car my dad had that has definitely been scrapped but that still comes up, but then maybe it was scrapped too long ago (GUE690T), I then checked another car I also know to have been scrapped my old punto GM04GYJ that still appears. Another old car I owned but scrapped K295KPW does not come up, but A166LCL Another car I owned and scrapped does come up. So this seems very inconsistent, some are there and others aren’t :confused:

edit: a car my wife wrote off in 2017 YE15RVA is also not showing, so there is obviously some likelihood the punto has met a similar fate.

Last edited:
Back