Styling Where can I get a Punto Mk2 boss kit??

Currently reading:
Styling Where can I get a Punto Mk2 boss kit??

missheath

Hi all, update on Penny if anyone's interested : she just passed her Mot and has had a diagnostics test thingy and apparently thers nothin wrong with her! She has regained her power on hills (some shape - she is only a 1.2) so I honestly have no idea what happened, perhaps she was just recovering after her hg operation :rolleyes:

so... does anyone have any idea where I can get a steering wheel boss kit for a Punto mk2 on the net? I can't seem to find any under about £50 (considering I only paid £30 for the new steering wheel - I'm refusing to pay that for the fitting kit). :bang:

Grateful for any suggestions, will post some pix up of her mods soon (y) Em xxx

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I can't see how I didn't find those! I trawled Ebay for hours looking! I must be blind :p Thank you!! I'm going to post a new thread up now with the pix in :D xx

Did you not check the timing? Probably out a bit. Car will run fine but in 6 months time or so it'll start getting difficult to start.

Once timed right it'll feel loads more powerful

so... does anyone have any idea where I can get a steering wheel boss kit for a Punto mk2 on the net? I can't seem to find any under about £50 (considering I only paid £30 for the new steering wheel - I'm refusing to pay that for the fitting kit). :bang:

just type it on google search. i was looking for one for ages and tbh you wont find one for much under £50 unless you find a second hand one.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cool thanks all for the suggestions!! I'm gna have a look at those as soon as I get some more cash!

& Bredsticz - I had the timing checked when it had the MOT and they said it was spot on yaaaay :) Plus now it doesn't seem to be struggling anymore :confused: My MOT garage did originally say that the car may need time to settle after 2 major hg jobs in the space of 2 months & she seems pretty recovered now so should I hope for the best? lol xx

Haha! Needs to settle. What a load of Sh*te

You shouldn't drive the car hard for the next 500-1000miles but it doesn't effect the running of the car! May all be fine then. (Although I wouldn't rely on an MOT'er to actually check the timing)

Looking good anyways

If its only had the head gasket done it can be thrashed as much as you like (when its fully hot). The run-in period only applies to new pistons/rebore.

The 1.2 is a revvy engine so if its slow on hills use a lower gear and let it rev. I used to have a 40hp Seicento 900. Not fast but keep it spinning and not many hills affected it.

Aww no sorry I didn't mean to confuse - I just called them my MOT garage so they wouldn' t be confused with the awful Renault garage that cocked her up in the first place! Lol ahhh... it had a new piston as well! At least I think it did - Renault said something was misfiring so they replaced it (didn't quite catch what it was) so perhaps thats what the other garage were saying needed to settle in??

I'm getting used to her now anyway, I didn't realise my instructors car was a 1.6 petrol so the difference in power when I passed & bought Penny would be pretty big I guess? I've driven my dads 1.6 beetle & that goes like **** off a stick! ..Bloody women drivers :cry: pmsl xx

Back