Currently reading:
where can I buy longer bolts from?

Martine

Fiat Toffee centre
I'm looking for some bolts which have a flat head so they look like this

=====| |
<---->
48mm

Does anyone Know where I can find some from? I've found a place that does 20 for around £40 0dd quid but I only need 8

I'm also looking for a set of locking wheel nuts like that too.

Links and phone numbers very welcome

Sorry to sound dumb :confused: but how do i find out how long the thread is on those bolts?

The one I need i think are these, but Idon't know how much thread they have

12mm - 1.25 60º chrome plated flat sleeve bolt.

My problem is the wobbly nuts and locking wheel nuts supplied with my alloys are not long enough to use with 10mm spacers, with the sheaf on they only have 28mm useable thread whereas I need 38mm once the sheaf is on.

Wobblyboltsnosheaf.jpg

however the sheaf is detachable so i thought I'd buy some longer flat ones 48mm (then minus 10mm for sheaf leaving 38mm - long enough to use with spacers.)

Kind Regards

Last edited:
yeah it doesn't say on the site how long they are though.

I've just pm'd somebody about a nut/stud conversion, as it might be a lot less hassle, what do i need to take into account when i buy one of these? :)

Martine, as far as I am lead to believe you have a stud and nut conversion on your Sei as standard (Abarth only Sei owners) so you want to stay like that as fitting the wheel is a lot easier.

Imagine on the hard shoulder of a dark and wet windy motorway trying to line up your spare after having a puncture as you wouldn't be able to have locating pins with aftermarket alloys.

Liam

I have to be honest but I haven't had my car long enough to have had to take the front wheels off. Although I'm sure when I had a puncture they were nuts, not bolts :confused:

but my car is in for repairs MILES away so I can't check

Lets get this right before we go any further, at present you have a Sei Abarth so they have studs and nuts to hold the wheels on, your looking for bolts, bolts are the long threaded bit that screw into the hub and hold on the wheel, studs are threaded bits that are already screwed into the hub and remain there, you slide the wheel onto these and tighten nuts onto them.

I'd stick with the studs i.e. get longer ones rather than changing to bolts.

Liam

lol

no wonder I'm confused, rondell sent me the long threaded bits so i assumed thats what i had already on mine :bang:

I feel like a proper thicko lol, no body even mentioned this in the cento forum lol

many thanks (y) I'll just die of embarrasemnt under my desk

Last edited:
bloomfieldliam said:
Lets get this right before we go any further, at present you have a Sei Abarth so they have studs and nuts to hold the wheels on, studs are threaded bits that are already screwed into the hub and remain there, you slide the wheel onto these and tighten nuts onto them.

Liam

Strangely I rang to garage today who looked for me while i was on the phone, for some reason I have BOLTS (the long threaded bits you put through the wheel into the hub) and not STUDS and NUTS. What a con!

Back