Technical Wheels Sorry to ask again!

Currently reading:
Technical Wheels Sorry to ask again!

Right i know everyones gotta be sick wit me asking this, i got a chance to get some sweet looking 13"'s for the cinq, they fiat fitament so 4x98 isnt a problem, wat i got is this table to go by below.

Now im guessing LK means the PCD and im taking a guess that the ET is the OffSet.

Now then the complecated bit is... they come in 2 sizes 13x7 and 13x8 (we'll worry bout that later), wat i am wondering is as i have 14 x 7 at the mo im not worried about the 7" wide wheels on all 4 corners, but it says they are for a cinquecento but the offsett is 21, now correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that mean they stick out more???

I would of loved a larger Offset like in the late 30's so i could have 13x8 on the rear wit no spacers and the 7" on the front wit spacers to compensate could that be possible if the wheels had a larger offset?

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]FIAT [font=Futura XBlk BT,Times]Cinquecento[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Fahrzeugtyp [/font]170, 141A[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Design [/font]Roadster[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Größe [font=Futura XBlk BT,Times]7x13[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]ET [/font]21 [/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]LK [/font]4/98[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mögliche Reifengrößen [/font]175/50 R 13 (Spurverbreiterung b. Cinq. erf.)[/font]
[/font]

Hi,
The sportings run a spacer, right, if you remove the spacer you may be able to fit these alloys and keep a similar offset..........just an idea, sure someone will correct my thinking......

Whats the spacer size and whats the sporting offset.....?

Thanks
Paul T

littleyellowcar said:
Ashley,

you could find a machine shop to grind the centres down a bit therefore increasing the offset.
Would that actually work? wouldnt decrease the strength or anything?? If i could do that would anyone know the offset i would need on the wheels so 8" will fit reasonalbly in, with out scrubbing anyting in the rear, I would keep the 7" up front.

paul_treg said:
Hi,
The sportings run a spacer, right, if you remove the spacer you may be able to fit these alloys and keep a similar offset..........just an idea, sure someone will correct my thinking......

Whats the spacer size and whats the sporting offset.....?

Thanks
Paul T
Thought there was spacers on the front, think mine are removed alrdy, didnt see any wen i toke the wheel off to fix the clutch cable.

i doubt it would have an effect on the strength of the wheel.

I reckon you are going to have to fit some arch extensions to cover up the extra width the wheels stick out. Ive got 6" wheels and the fronts stick out VERY marginally from the arches.

I got 7"'s at the mo and mine are on the edge, If the arches were rolled then all be even better, but i dont recall hearing them rub, cept the back wen full up wit booze and peps lol.

Thats y i was hoping to enlarge the offset so they fit further in on the rear but was worried bout rubbing inside somewhere

PhatAshKi said:
Right i know everyones gotta be sick wit me asking this, i got a chance to get some sweet looking 13"'s for the cinq, they fiat fitament so 4x98 isnt a problem, wat i got is this table to go by below.

Now im guessing LK means the PCD and im taking a guess that the ET is the OffSet.

Now then the complecated bit is... they come in 2 sizes 13x7 and 13x8 (we'll worry bout that later), wat i am wondering is as i have 14 x 7 at the mo im not worried about the 7" wide wheels on all 4 corners, but it says they are for a cinquecento but the offsett is 21, now correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that mean they stick out more???

I would of loved a larger Offset like in the late 30's so i could have 13x8 on the rear wit no spacers and the 7" on the front wit spacers to compensate could that be possible if the wheels had a larger offset?

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]FIAT [font=Futura XBlk BT,Times]Cinquecento[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Fahrzeugtyp [/font]170, 141A[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Design [/font]Roadster[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Größe [font=Futura XBlk BT,Times]7x13[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]ET [/font]21 [/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]LK [/font]4/98[/font]

[font=Futura XBlk BT,Times][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mögliche Reifengrößen [/font]175/50 R 13 (Spurverbreiterung b. Cinq. erf.)[/font]
[/font]

Right, off-set, I think I've covered this is a fair amount of times before, but here goes. Off set is measured from the centre of the over all wheel to the mating face where the wheel bolts to the hub.

Standard Cinq Sporting wheel is 5 1/2 J 13 30.5, therefore 5.5inches wide by 13" diameter with a positive off set of 30.5mm.

Now if you half the width of the wheel its 2 3/4" or (1" = 25.8mm) 70.95mm therefore the bolt face is 70.95 - 30.5 = 39.85 from the outside edge of the wheel, or the inside edge is 70.95 + 30.5 = 101.45mm from the hub.

So if you have a 7" wide wheel with an off set of 21mm what you will get is 7;
3.5" = 90.3mm - 21mm = 69.3mm from the outside edge of the wheel or the inside edge is 90.3 + 21 = 111.3mm from the hub face so not much dif inside the wheel arch but a considerable dif on the outside hence possible rubbing.

This is why when you change the width of a wheel the offset will be different to a certain degree. (y)

I hope you have followed that cos I had to stop myself a few times to make sure I was getting it right, and even after all that I'm not sure now! :D

If not look here. http://www.tyresave.co.uk/choose.html
HTH, Aaron.

Last edited:
littleyellowcar said:
based on what aaron has said, a set of 10mm spacers will bring the wheel out to the same as a standard set and therefore no rubbing (in theory (i think!!))

I think there will be no problems inboard with rubbing as I'm sure theres at least 20 or 30 mm of clearance inside the arch ie against the body of the car, its the outside which will have problems rubbing on the arch lip as this is increasing by 30oddmm, but I've never really looked at this, putting a spacer on may well make the inside of the wheel sit in the same place but make it sit out from the car even more putting a hell of a lot of strain in the driveshafts, bearings etc.

Aaron.

So basically i wanna find an offset that doesnt change or doesnt change alot the clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel ?

If so i can use this info to get a wheel wit the correct offset, to keep that similar and to keep extended to a minuim to, will have to comprimise,

So Aaron you are saying there is about 20-30mm clearance inside the wheel from the suspension etc

PhatAshKi said:
as i have 14 x 7 at the mo im not worried about the 7" wide wheels on all 4 corners,

Mate are you sure your rims are 7 x 14" as I've got the same alloys as you and I'm 99% sure they are 6 x 14" and NOT 7 x 14".

The size of the rims should be stamped onto the inside of the alloy. I'd check if I was you as I'm possitive they're only 6 inches wide.

chrisunoman said:
Ive found this cinq with 7x13s front and 8x13s rear.

His alloys are 7x13 with 21mm offset, 8x13 with 15mm offset.

http://www.fiat-uno.com/Uno/EureAutos/EureItaliener/SimonD-Chinque/simond.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers man thats well helpfull, He's actually using the same wheels i was looking at wen i started this thread, i emaild him and asked if he had any problems wit them rubbing on the inside bu i shouldnt of think so as u cant really extend the clearnce on the inside and if hes using that offset thats wat they are off the shelve, might have to try it, if it f**ks up ill lose £400 but then theres always ebay lol

6879GERMAN_CINQ.jpg
Hi
21mm should be the correct offset for those wheels nearly every german cinq runs them.Make sure your suspension is rock hard otherwise the tyre will make contact with your arch.Also to keep legal you will have to fit tyres that leave you with a tapered sidewall as fitted to all euro look cars.your tread musn`t stick out past the arch.
Cheers
Adrian

Last edited:
Back