Tuning Wheel Spacers

Currently reading:
Tuning Wheel Spacers

fiatash123

What size spacers if any will i require for a set of 14" Fiat Punto GT alloys? As i will be acquiring a set in the near future. There for a Mk1 Fiat Seicento Sporting 1999 T reg by the way!

Cheers

Fiatash123

Unless you have a machine shop, I'd not bother. At 5.5J you can't fit cheap performance rubber and decent spacers will cost you loadsa money.

Lol soooo should i put them straight on or put 20mm spacers all round confused me now :bang:

Cheers

fiatash123

Yes: the last set of big spacers I got set me back more than twice the price of the wheels but, as the wheels are 6J 15" I can get good cheap tyres for them. If you can back out, go for 6J 14", so you can fit 195/45/14. Uniroyal Rainsports are my favourite in that size.

Have seen there quite expensive, what other 14" 6J alloys are there about though? And are there no websites that do spacers for a decent price lol, as i personally cant see the point inspending out on spacers that as said are twice the price of the alloys?

my old spacers were £35 a pair, proper hubcentric ones with longer bolts included, can't remember the site but i thought that was perfectly reasonable. But yes i have seen spacers go for silly money.

Were they billet, one piece though? The two part pressed together ones go at quite reasonable prices... it's the one piece machined spacers that get really expensive.

Were they billet, one piece though? The two part pressed together ones go at quite reasonable prices... it's the one piece machined spacers that get really expensive.

But why are they so expensive it just seems stupid. It just doesnt seem economical to spend £90 on a set of alloys when i'll be spending out almost the same again for spacers, n its conveniant they sell them in pairs and not fours lol!

Cheers

fiatash123

Wait until some one scraps a Abarth 14 inck set on a Cinq or Sei, get the spacers, wheels, studs and spare wheel, etc. The package will be expensive but spares will be available, and the car will be more saleable. The rubber wear will be expensive as well.

Noel

Back