Styling Wheel bolts?

Currently reading:
Styling Wheel bolts?

darthwenger

I currently have a 09 Dynamic Panda and have hated the current 13" with caps and have managed to get a set of brand new 13" Fiat Panda alloys (I think they are the discontinued 13" 8 spoke genuine Fiat alloys) so I can swap my tyres straight over - just popped into my local tyre place and they have told me that I have to change the bolts as well as the current steel bolts will rip my alloys up plus the alloy bolts should be longer. Is this true?

Thanks for that. Actually rang Fiat parts and off-hand they didn't know either. They did ring me back and told me that if they are genuine Fiat alloys (and not 3rd party) then the bolts are the same and I can use the existing one's.

I should imagine as the existing bolts go through the steel wheel and then through the hubcap then they are slightly longer.

They're the same as mine...

DSC001421.JPG

Thanks WeeSmurf, thats the one's. They look great but I told the tyre guy not to put the blue centre caps in as I have ordered the new red one's which should be exactly the same size (but he did) so looks as if I'm going to have to take all 4 wheels off when they come so I can knock the centre caps out (they are in pretty tight and don't want to damage the wheels trying to get the caps off).

Shame Fiat don't do these wheels anymore - I'm sure they'd be a few more takers considering Fiat now only sell 14" rims. My 13" tyres were nearly brand new and I wasn't going to pay out for 14" rims and have to change the tyres as well. My existing tyres just went straight onto these. :D

Wheel bolts should be the same as people above say. I had alloys on my 500 and chucked some steelies on for winter and they've gone on fine with the same bolts. Bolts were the same length as the ones that come in the boot. I do like those wheels wee smurf :)

I spotted them in the showroom when I was buying the car (almost 5 years ago now :eek:) and decided I just had to get them. Cost £200 from the main dealer so not a bad price. I too got my original tyres swapped over to the new wheels, but I also got WinterContacts put on the steelies.

I know everyone wants bigger wheels usually, but I think the wee 13" wheels suit the Panda.

Back