Technical what's under the footwell?

Currently reading:
Technical what's under the footwell?

gloop

Hi All. Having some problems with my car, following some work done by a third party (not a Fiat dealer - long story) and a lot of force was applied to the floor of the driver's footwell. Whatever is under there seems to have split / cracked and now the 2 sides "click" as they move against each other when I get in or out. Can anyone tell me what is under the carpet in the driver's footwell on a GP - what will have broken and can it be repaired. Mnay, many thanks in advance.

none that i'm aware of, but there's maybe a 6-8 inch long crack running front to back which i can feel through the carpet - what's under there?? thanks for your response.

none that i'm aware of, but there's maybe a 6-8 inch long crack running front to back which i can feel through the carpet - what's under there?? thanks for your response.

Why don't you get under and have a look :confused:

nope - guy removed a cracked windscreen by sitting in the driver's seat, putting his head against the screen and standing up... "floor" now cracked - and it's damp under there too now.

what are the possible diagnoses here?? thanks again.

nope - guy removed a cracked windscreen by sitting in the driver's seat, putting his head against the screen and standing up... "floor" now cracked - and it's damp under there too now.
what are the possible diagnoses here?? thanks again.

1) Leaking windscreen

2) Floor split ( surely not?)

3) Repair guy has a bladder problem when flexing his body exerting maximum pressure with his head.

Regards

He's liable for repair costs!

Correct! But I'm concerned my dealership is not being straight with me - apparently, they say, it's the underlay under the carpet which is cracked. This, they also say, necessitates the entire carpet to be replaced as this is bonded to the underlay.

Is there not a heating duct under the footwell there - feeding the rear-facing vent under the driver's seat??

Thanks for helping on this... looking forward to putting this saga behind me...

Back