Whats the best Kit

Currently reading:
Whats the best Kit

steedy27

Lads

Right finally got the punto sat in my drive now waiting for me to pass my test, so i thought i could get the Audio Done now (Good Idea). I have about £250 to spend i would think £300 Max no more. Can this get me any decent kit??... I was thinking New head unit, New front Door Speakers and maybe a fair of 6X9 maybe. What is your thoughts on this for a choise, I thought i would ask you lot as this question has prob been asked a million times and you no the best answer, Also a couple of Nubie Questions, Can i hook these up to my new headunit as i would get a amp+ sub later on somewhen ??

Thanks for your time

Cheers :D :D :D

Well i would prefer New but If i cant afford new Second hand it is, So If i get decent Front speakers and Nice sub and amp It will sound Lush??, Would ya wire the speakers to Headunit or Amp

Hence use of the word "potentially"

The headunit won't sell for much at all - it's a pull-out!!!

The sub is £100 BIN - the W6V1 is regarded as the best sub JL have ever made.

The comps - RF don't seem to popular on the speaker front for some reason so there's a chance they good go for sensible money.

The amp - OK that's probably going to go for a fair bit :p

New HU, nothing fancy just MP3/cd with a pre-out. I've got a panasonic one and although it was cheap and cheerful at the time, now I have the money I don't want to upgrade it as it sounds immaculate. Grab one for around £65 new.

Then you want a 4-channel amp. Bridge 2 channels for your amp and use the other two for a nice set of front speakers. This is most peoples ideal set up.

However if you want all round sound quality go for a monoblock amp for the sub and a 4-channel for both front and back speakers, IMHO this is better as it gives an all round sound quality that runs through the car. (no doubt somebody will say "rear speakers are a waste of time and money" but it all comes down to personal preference)

(no doubt somebody will say "rear speakers are a waste of time and money" but it all comes down to personal preference)

Yep, I'll say it.

It's a waste of money.

I'd say I have pretty good all round sound quality using my 4 channel with 2 bridged for the sub. It sounds like the person singing is in front of me stood on the speedo.

New HU, nothing fancy just MP3/cd with a pre-out. I've got a panasonic one and although it was cheap and cheerful at the time, now I have the money I don't want to upgrade it as it sounds immaculate. Grab one for around £65 new.

Then you want a 4-channel amp. Bridge 2 channels for your amp and use the other two for a nice set of front speakers. This is most peoples ideal set up.

However if you want all round sound quality go for a monoblock amp for the sub and a 4-channel for both front and back speakers, IMHO this is better as it gives an all round sound quality that runs through the car. (no doubt somebody will say "rear speakers are a waste of time and money" but it all comes down to personal preference)

Yeh Thanks everyone for your sugestions might have to get some of that kit of ebay looks good quality stuff there!!!

Yeh ill just get the 4 channel amp first Just want to get started off first. SO i would Bridge 2 channels for my sub and the others 2 for my front speakers yeh??? Sorry about all these perthitic questions i just need to learn my stuff first :D:D

Cheers :D, Sounds easy but knowing me ill have some sort of problem with a stupid answer
Ill come here First, Thnaks Lads

YEh i am going to DIY it my self :p, I forgot to ask, when i get my headunit, Will i need a adapter? I have tryed to find on on caraudiosecurity but cant find one? :S

Back