What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

I am ready for launching every electrical appliance out the flamming window i've had enough.

Xbox can't find the pc even though the both of them are wired to the router but it will find the bloody laptop which i don't want. all i want to do is use windows media center to stream movies is that so bloomin' difficult? old xbox never had an issue with it but the new one does i've had it

I am ready for launching every electrical appliance out the flamming window i've had enough.

Xbox can't find the pc even though the both of them are wired to the router but it will find the bloody laptop which i don't want. all i want to do is use windows media center to stream movies is that so bloomin' difficult? old xbox never had an issue with it but the new one does i've had it

try PS3 media server or servio
both free and better than media centre

Last edited:
we dont have a ps3 though and the media center is free too it's just that it used to work
now it doesn't for no apparent reason it's driving me mental

wait how does servio work?

DNLA servers don't mind if its a 360 or PS3 ;)
dnla.jpg

its simple
PS3MS or servio run on your PC
you switch on your 360 and the server shows in your videos section
you browse the folders you have selected to share
you pick your file

the difference is the servers transcode files and open up loads more format support

Last edited:
DNLA servers don't mind if its a 360 or PS3 ;)
dnla.jpg

its simple
PS3MS or servio run on your PC
you switch on your 360 and the server shows in your videos section
you browse the folders you have selected to share
you pick your file

the difference is the servers transcode files and open up loads more format support

nope couldn't get it to work!

however found the issue with xbox, we had connected a usb wireless adapter the other day and it had turned the pc's php settings off so finally figured out how to turn the thing back on all is right in the world. watching vampire diaries on it now :D :D :D :D :D :D

New department at work, UPS to be exact, spent about half of this week waiting around for jobs to come through. Yesterday we did 30 mins work from 13:45 to 16:30, although its still the best department to work in in the company though.

Ah, do you mean they bill contract users for a month after that month? That may explain it. Though it's odd they aren't asking for a full month (£20.42), even though I had to port out 8 days early due to Christmas and my contract month starting on the 4th.

Ah, do you mean they bill contract users for a month after that month? That may explain it. Though it's odd they aren't asking for a full month (£20.42), even though I had to port out 8 days early due to Christmas and my contract month starting on the 4th.

If they're anything like Vodafone they'll bill for the package costs monthly in advance (so the Jan bill would pay Jan-Feb's package), but any additional costs come out a month in arrears.

Hmmmm nope, just checked my account on their site - early termination penalty. For porting out early? Couldn't have left it any later due to Christmas, and I didn't ask to terminate the contract, I would have kept paying until the 4th despite not being able to use it. And they've billed me for texts after the termination, but not for calls.

Didnt get to keep my job at Game, no one did because head office has taken all the hours off them but he did say if he had the hours he would have hired me and for me to expect a phone call in feb if they get the chance to hire someone else permanently so its not all bad, just dont have a job for a month or so

Didnt get to keep my job at Game, no one did because head office has taken all the hours off them but he did say if he had the hours he would have hired me and for me to expect a phone call in feb if they get the chance to hire someone else permanently so its not all bad, just dont have a job for a month or so

bad luck. its tough out there just now
Don't envy anyone looking for work
If it wasn't such a poor market just now,I would ditch my job

Back