General Whats it like???

Currently reading:
General Whats it like???

liamjay

Hi All,

First post so please bare with me :)

Ive just reserved a fiat Bravo 1.4Tjet Dynamic in that lovely gun metal grey colour.

It has 31k on the clock full service history and only 1 owner from new, its on a 2007 plate.

Dont know if there optional extras, but it has the blue and me, cruise control, all electrics and it drives great!

Im just wanting to know, if theres any issues with them etc. I know fiats sometimes get a bad write up, but i had a "T" reg punto with 144k on the clock for 6 months when at uni and it never missed a beat!

Basically im getting the car because i currently have a 09 reg 1.6 tdci zetec s, and i need a bigger boot, extra doors and the tdci is giving me some trouble grinding gears and engaging reverse :-( So a car company is giving me 7.5k for it (makes me 1.5k in negative equity) and i saw the bravo for 5.9k but i was able to price match and get them down to 5.2k :)

I see the 1.5 k negative equity as only 1k maximum as to have the problem rectified with the tdci's clutch would be minimum 500 quid.

Also what are they like on fuel? And when should i change the timing belt as i know that you should always do it after 3 years on fiats?

Oh and whats people paying on insurance, my quote is 515 fully comp, is that good?

Sorry if this post is all over the place, i just want as much info as possible :)

Cheers

Liam

Which tjet engine is it? I have the 150bhp version and get about 40mpg. My insurance for myself and the wife was £425. The gearbox on mine is a bit clunky especially between 1st and 2nd but if browse the forum that appears to be normal. look for any bobbling on the steering wheel and condensation in the badges If you notice either ask for them to be replaced.
As already mentioned the timing belt and water pump should be changed after 5 years so get it done before taking delivery.

Hiya,

its the 150 tjet :)

the rear badge is good, the front one has blobs of pink in it (i know this is a common problem) but im not sure they will change it as its a cosmetic thing, and im buying from a car supermarket company. how much are they anyway? And how much should i be paying for a cambelt and water pump replacement?

I didnt notice any clunking gears when i test drove,

Who you all insured with?? (if you dont mind me asking) Im 28 with 7 years no claims and its still coming out at 500 with my mum on the policy :-S

P.S, thanks for the welcome :-D

I am 28 too and insured with Admiral (£425). What I should have said yesterday Is that the Bravo is an excellent car and you will no doubt enjoy the ownership experience. The cosmetic issues I raised were only minor so don't worry. I drive a fair few cars through my work and think the Bravo offers something much more interesting than the usual suspects.

Back