General What would you guys do?

Currently reading:
General What would you guys do?

clair80

Hi peeps!,
NOW...i part exchanged my 54 panda and bought a citroen c4 vtr+ (hwich i love) BUT the tax is £93 (which i paid for 3 weeks ago) and my insurance is £133pcm. So i have decided to trade in this car for a Grande Punto (which i'm collecting on friday) Sooo i have to pay £66 tax on that car too! I asked the dealer (Arlond Clark) ''can't the tax be transferred to my punto'' of which he said ''no..it has to stay with the car because its a different tax bracket''. But when i leave my car with them on friday i'm going to take the tax out of it and send it away for a refund as its a lot of money to me. I phoned the dvla up and asked them and they said that i have every right to keep my take disc. what do you guys think??? what would you do??

P.S. £93 and £66 tax in 3 weeks is a lot to pay out

Would defo take it, unless you have signed a contract saying that you are trading in a car with tax. Dont know the rules or regulations, but my first instinct would be to take the car.

They will obviously sell it on like the grande punto they are selling you, which has no tax. Assuming the owner of the punto if someone traded that in took their tax....

Thank you for reply but what do you mean by take the car? lol..do you mean you would defo take the tax disc out?

Last edited:
(y) Thanks..hehe! i'm just a tad scared taking the tax disc out but its mine and i paid for it so i should take it lol

Yep take it out and get a refund, I did this with mine when I px's for my new punto, the dealer cannot stop you doing this.

Back