General What diagnostic ELM327 adapter are you using that works for Punto mk2/mk2b ?

Currently reading:
General What diagnostic ELM327 adapter are you using that works for Punto mk2/mk2b ?

kakashi7593

Please post purchase link and pictures of the adapters PCB.

I wanted to start a thread where all you who own Punto mk2 or Punto Mk2b can share which diagnostic device works on your car and do you get complete coverage.
Talking about those ELM327 adapters.

Please share a link where you bought it and also pictures of PCB that is inside.

Many adapters are released every year, some work, some don't, some have partial and others have complete coverage.
Sometimes only stickers are different while PCB inside is the same.
So far I spent good two days to research which adapter to buy, I read this forum as well as multiecuscan forum and its not easy to find concrete answer.

So if anyone is willing to help out everyone in the community including me, please :)

I am going to share so far that you can get those 6 adapters for under 18$ here
To my knowledge, pairing these with a good elm327 adapter, will allow you to have excellent, if not complete, coverage of your Fiat Punto mk2 or mk2b.
There is also that kkl blue adapter.
(please correct me if I am wrong)

I don't have any details where I got this from china via ebay.

Attachments

• P6251639.JPG
    P6251639.JPG
    428.1 KB · Views: 52
  • P6251637.JPG
    P6251637.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 46
  • P6251636.JPG
    P6251636.JPG
    414 KB · Views: 45
  • P6251635.JPG
    P6251635.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 46
  • P6251634.JPG
    P6251634.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 56
Perfect photos, thanks.
Can you tell me what you are able to access and do with this adapter ?
Can you access ECU, Airbag,ABS, etc ?
Can you read and reset codes with this adapter ?

Now little info from what I gathered :
Thats the VAG KKL adapter, uses FT232RL chip which is the big one visible on 5th photo
Sellers might use something like "Switch 4 Way Position For VAG COM KKL For FIAT ECU SCAN FTDI FT232RL FT232RQ For VAG KKL USB Tool OBD2 USB Diagnostic Interface"
So try using those keywords when you do search for the adapter(talking to future readers)

Little bit info on this FT232RL chip, sometimes there are fakes out there, of course, but usually if you pay more chances are its not going to be a fake.
If the text on the chip looks like its laser-engraved, that's also good sign its not a fake but its not a guarantee.
Sellers reputation should also be looked at before buying.

Perfect photos, thanks.
Can you tell me what you are able to access and do with this adapter ?
Can you access ECU, Airbag,ABS, etc ?
Can you read and reset codes with this adapter ?

Now little info from what I gathered :
Thats the VAG KKL adapter, uses FT232RL chip which is the big one visible on 5th photo
Sellers might use something like "Switch 4 Way Position For VAG COM KKL For FIAT ECU SCAN FTDI FT232RL FT232RQ For VAG KKL USB Tool OBD2 USB Diagnostic Interface"
So try using those keywords when you do search for the adapter(talking to future readers)

Little bit info on this FT232RL chip, sometimes there are fakes out there, of course, but usually if you pay more chances are its not going to be a fake.
If the text on the chip looks like its laser-engraved, that's also good sign its not a fake but its not a guarantee.
Sellers reputation should also be looked at before buying.
Sorry I cannot help you much. I dont have the paid multiecuscan software. It is too much hassel to use this adaptor for just checking and I got an Autel for 'everyday' use. What I can tell you is the larger chip has no markings at all on it. I do have a wireless elm but i am not even sure i have ever used it.

I got a cheap ELM327 and it did not connect with airbags, power steering etc even after I got the paid multiecuscan.
Removing a resistor solved the problem for me. The location was not as in these pictures but it's easy enough to identify the CAN connector pins and locate the resistor that way. I did not need to add resistors or capacitors.

Back