What would you do?

Currently reading:
What would you do?

PJB88

Does anyone know what a good starting point would be (i.e what to put into an Uno to get it sounding good as the standard stereo and speakers is pants)

6x9's? If so what make, any links anyone?
Sub 12" or 15" again any makes or links to any recomendations?

As many of you probably know the Uno doors are quite thin and im a bit stuck as to what I could fit in there, most speakers that go in the doors are quite deep and wouldn't go in an Uno!

Any ideas people?
:slayer:

i prefer pioneer, but thats down to you. u can get door pods made so yoy can get bigger speakers into them, they just stick out a little depending on size you want. little advice if you dont know dont put 6x9 in back if you are installing subs they clash with each other.

PJB88 said:
Does anyone know what a good starting point would be (i.e what to put into an Uno to get it sounding good as the standard stereo and speakers is pants)

6x9's? If so what make, any links anyone?
Sub 12" or 15" again any makes or links to any recomendations?

Easy and straight forward answer here

Components up front with a 12" sub, all run off an amp or two with a decent HU and nice thick cabling with some sound deadening thrown in for good measure. What sort of budget are we looking at here?

PJB88 said:
As many of you probably know the Uno doors are quite thin and im a bit stuck as to what I could fit in there, most speakers that go in the doors are quite deep and wouldn't go in an Uno!

Err.............that's a tad inaccurate to say the least :) You will fit 6.5" components in there easy with a set of doorbuilds :) Of course, this is dependent of budget.

joker said:
little advice if you dont know dont put 6x9 in back if you are installing subs they clash with each other.

Yeah, that'd be due to both sub and 6x9s sharing the same airspace (n)

Yeah, ive heard about the sound clashing etc, would i have to have something smaller on the shelf or just uprate what I will put in the doors to balance it out?

chaos said:
Err.............that's a tad inaccurate to say the least :) You will fit 6.5" components in there easy with a set of doorbuilds :) Of course, this is dependent of budget.

How much is it going to cost?

PJB88 said:
Yeah, ive heard about the sound clashing etc, would i have to have something smaller on the shelf or just uprate what I will put in the doors to balance it out?

Don't put rear speakers in. Simple :)

of course everything depends on both budget and if you want it to look good...

this is what I have in the boot of my punto...

ICE1.jpg

iirc the uno boot is pretty much the same size...

chaos - the rear speakers will be moved one I have some door pods

PJB88 said:
How much is it going to cost?

How would you like to try fibreglassing? :)

Getting a pro to do it could cost something like 250 quid. Doing it yourself will cost you your time and materials, which would see you change from about 50 quid as a rough guess. Or you could PM Jordan (punto_jr_75sx) and ask him if its possible for him to do a set of builds for you :)

Thanks for your help on this one so far guys.

Right I think I will go for 15" sub but what kind of amp do I need Mono Multi Channel?!!!?

£250 to install the lot or to make the build ins?!?:)

chaos said:
Easy and straight forward answer here

Components up front with a 12" sub, all run off an amp or two with a decent HU and nice thick cabling with some sound deadening thrown in for good measure. What sort of budget are we looking at here?

Good call... classic simple set up (y) Read reviews, speak to folk and buy the best you can get for your money in terms of speakers, amp & sub. Remember, dont skimp on the wiring, best to go for something that exceeds what you need at present at least come upgrade time you won't have to rip it all out again and start from scratch :bang: Guide for the layman:

10's = Punchy Bass / 12's = Rumbly Bass / 15's = Involentary Loose Bowel Movements :eek: Difference between Ported & Sealed enclosures... err have forgotten, must be my age :(

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What kinda music do you listen to as 15's are rather slow responding subs they will be loud and go low but they wont be able to thump the same as a 10 or 12 would why a lot of people use 12's cause they do everything well really.

wozza & s1219 have good points... 15's are big but the bigger the sub the bigger the enclosure your gonna need... mate had 1 x 15' in a ported box in his Carlton (1200w amp from memory) it took up some boot space and was heavy! Also, if you listen to a wide variety of music, would suggest a pre amp graphic eq with sub level and cross over controls... unless your intended head has it built in. Will allow you to tailor the sound on the move if fitted in dash/centre console. :)

I am going to go for a 12" sub, I have found a sub with an amp.. the only thing is that there are 2 subs, would be sensible to give the speakers in the front a bit more grunt then wouldnt it so its not all bass!?

If you have 2 12's id get the fronts upgraded and ampped up myself. 2 12's are gonna be fairly loud and the standards are gonna get drowned out a bit. You will still hear them but wont be the same.

I've found a sub pack and its got the 2 12"'s with an amp included, would I need to upgrade the amp again to accomodate for the more powerful speakers up front or would it be sufficient as it is?

Back