General what tyre?

Currently reading:
General what tyre?

Grahamo

right then guys, can anyone tell me what the are the best tyres i can buy for my sei, i have the standard rims, but i don't want the nankangs again (or what ever there called) because they never seemed to offer as much grip as the pirelli's, i might go with the pirelli's really but am open to suggestions. any idea's? i don't do that much driving with my sei seen as my jobs no more than a 3 mile bike ride away. so i don't really need tyres designed for motorways, i just want a set of front's that will grip on even the hardest corner.

cheers

Not had them on long & it isn't exactly a scientific test, but I can say that the difference between my worn standard Pirelli P700z & my new P5000 Drago tyres is pretty amazing - not tried them in heavy rain, but in the dry they are impressive so far!!!

Tyre choice has been discussed quite a few times in the past, personally I'd definately recommend 175/50/13 if you want good cornering grip & wet performance especially stopping power - I spent the same on a set of 4 Pirelli P5000 as I did on my last set of 4 Pirelli P700 (the standard on a 13" sporting) but they aren't a cheap tyre.

Here's a couple of links with some handy info in there I'd not known before.

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/54200-13-tyres.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/105253-tyres.html

Anyone got any experience from Uniroyal Rainsport1?

Just got them delivered but the car's still at the repairshop (clutch change) so I've not been able to try them out yet

was it a good choice or are there better ones at the same pricerange?

"personally I'd definately recommend 175/50/13 if you want good cornering grip & wet performance especially stopping power"[/url]

P.S: I meant specifically the Pirelli P5000 Drago 175/50/13 which I'm on at the moment - I'm sure you can find tyres in this size that don't use such good rubber & tread pattern as the Pirellis. The tread pattern seems really good with a thumb sized gap down the middle to help with heat & water dispersal.

Anything is going to be WONDERFUL compared to the nankangs.

I'm a yoko man at the moment and loving them.

Back