Technical What to take from a cinq being broken?

Currently reading:
Technical What to take from a cinq being broken?

samol

I popped into my local garage and they have a MOT failure R reg sporting being picked up by the scrappy this week.
He has given me 1st free dibs on anything off the car but I've only got this week (one day in reality). What should I take? and how?
I was thinking full front suspension brakes and drive-shafts, it would be quickest to take them as whole as possible. may be starter motor alloys and alternator and engine if I have time!
Anything else I should go for? mainly things easy to take off but cost at the scrappy!

Ant

The interior is always in demand i.e seats so take them if in good nick

if its an abarth all the abarth bits as well

I'll have the flywheel please:p

I'll see what I can do! I'm not too far from you too!

I can't take the car as the garage get cars taken for free if they give three and this is the third car, besides my wife would go mad. At least this way I can hide the bits in the shed and she doesn't have to look at it out of the kitchen window!

I'd leave the suspension alone -- unless you need it for a 899. Chances are it's completely knackered. Rear arms are useful if only because you can blast and paint 'em and stick new bushes in and doing it on a spare pair means your car spends less time off the road. Light units. Indicator units. Engine and box. Doors (if good) otherwise all the glass and motors.

Interior, as said, if good.

Well the dead has been done, I got a morning off child care and did as much as I could.
I came home with:-
Front suspension
Drive shafts
Wish bones
front brakes
4 alloys 3 with good tyres
1 near side wing
The bonnet (only cos i had to take it off to get the wing off)
Anti roll bar
ecu (is this any good without the red key?)
Two front lights
front bumper
Air box

this all fitted in my cinq!

I removed but had to leave the engine (69,000 miles) and gear box with all ancillaries, I'll go back and break this up before I can lift it onto a trailer.

The rear suspension was all shot (that's what it failed on) and the interior had had a hard life for an r reg.

It made me realize how good mine is underneath.
Not quite sure how much I'm going to use but if anyone wants anything they can have it for a small (less than scrappy) donation!

Back