What the hell is Vosteran?

Currently reading:
What the hell is Vosteran?

Morning all.
I switched on my little Asus tablet this morning and I got a message saying that I needed to update Adobe. It looked genuine so I did it, and then spent then next 10 minutes saying no I don't want this add on, and I don't want my computer scanning etc.
So then I found that Chrome has been installed, and when I click on the icon for internet explorer I get some thing calle Vosteran. I have tried to un install it but it is still there.
I am really annoyed as this is only a few months old machine which i was trying to keep "un-molested" so to speak.
It's like somebody offers to fix a lock on your front gate and while they are at it they break in to your house and change all the locks! Who do these guys think they are!?
Have I done anything serious?
Thanks for reading.

OP
OP
P
OK thanks. Just one question if I may. I already use Malware Bytes on my other computer, so i trust that and I have tyhe paid for version. As this Vosteran thing has taken over the browser on my Asus, will I be able to get on to the MAlware Bytes website to down load it via the Vosteran browser, or is there another way to do it?

Eklipze3k

No strings on me
Staff member
If I was you, I would use your other computer to download the installer, and then move it to the infected machine with a USB stick. Install from there.