Technical What really is GM on the Croma????

Currently reading:
Technical What really is GM on the Croma????

I agree in principle, but it's such an easy job on the Croma there's no real need to "change them while you've got everything apart" I suppose..?

Begs the question, if pre face lift Croma's were fazed out on a 07 and 57 plate, then our rear silencer may be from a Vauxhall/Opel Zafira as they are still in production and/or Signum, as my forum post may suggest.:confused:

Folks
I have a brand new gearbox for a croma
It's am M32 6 speed if anyone is interested

Alternatively I may buy a car with a failed gearbox

Another GM part!!

just got egr valve changed turns out its another genuine gm part.no shock there then........:rolleyes:

When I was at the remapping place, I was moaning about all the GM components that fail on the Croma. He pointed out, quite correctly, that the parts are in fact made by very respectable companies such as bosch and pierburg. I see his point but I still blame Vauxhall :)

Your tuning/remapping guy is right in many repsects but, and a big but, I only have to cast my eye and experience over the Fiat Fleet, and current models and GM content and I can't but help think that the GM content (be that parts designed for GM by the likes of Bosch, Pierburg, etc. seem to account for an excess of failures and annoyances in hybrid Fiat models compared to "pure" Fiat models.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but thus far I see and experience poor parts reliability and performance on GM originated / specified parts.

Maybe GM sold the dregs of their crap stock to Fiat when both companies signed their colaboration deals. Sadly GM got the Fiat diesel engines/technology and Fiat got things they were not bargening on.

I agree S130. From my own experience (I have had Fiats, Alfas and Lancias all of my life) all the early car's problems were down to poor quality wiring, materials and bad maintenance etc, but I very rarely had a mechanical part fail on me! The trend among manufacturers to share parts inevitably leads to probems, because the part was either not designed specifically for it's eventual use, or the part is manufactured with different tolerances to allow for multiple applications.
The days have long gone when the badge on the outside told you what was on the inside!

Maybe GM sold the dregs of their crap stock to Fiat when both companies signed their colaboration deals. Sadly GM got the Fiat diesel engines/technology and Fiat got things they were not bargening on.

And Saab got it all for free..and still could no make any money before going bankrupt.

Saab 9-5's and 9-3's have many parts with a Fiat and GM embossing on!

Only way to be sure is to look at those links, note all part numbers, OEM equivalents etc. and then start from there.

Example. Look at Kilen / other OEM springs for Croma's and then check if same parts are also listed for Vectra C.

Bearing in mind there will be 10s of thousands more Vectra/Signum than Cromas were ever made then most of these sports kits will always name/target the biggest market.

Back