General what engine?

Currently reading:
General what engine?

rfc1

been searching for a downpipe for my 1999 marea weekend 1600 16v,supplier lists 2 different ones depending on engine number,as ive only the buyers part of the v5 which only gfives chassis number is there anyway i can tell which engine i have????
thanks.

been searching for a downpipe for my 1999 marea weekend 1600 16v,supplier lists 2 different ones depending on engine number,as ive only the buyers part of the v5 which only gfives chassis number is there anyway i can tell which engine i have????
thanks.

I know there is differences between mk1 and mk2 1.6 engines, mk 2 has a plastic induction manifold and a slightly different injector type. I assume they must have possibly altered the downpipe

engine number should be stamped on the engine.

Last edited:
It could have something to do with the CAT. Some have them fitted just after the manifold. CF2 and CF3 i believe. If you want to Private Message me your chassis number (found on the top of the driver side suspension turret) i can get you all information you need for your car inc engine code.

It could have something to do with the CAT. Some have them fitted just after the manifold. CF2 and CF3 i believe. If you want to Private Message me your chassis number (found on the top of the driver side suspension turret) i can get you all information you need for your car inc engine code.
Wildo m8 thanks to all you gus for replying:)

Back