General What did you do with your Panda today?

Currently reading:
General What did you do with your Panda today?

Considered to go, but didn't. (192 Km drive to get there) ;)

The wheels really work on the Panda, looks very cool with black and some Sunlight.
But i would still have changed the rear lights. ;)

Close-up. :D

Thanks!The wheels absolutely look theire best in the sun on a clean car. :)
It was a nice get together but I also wouldn't have drove 198km's for it.

Bought a Bad Panda sticker to put on.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1460610616.796440.jpg

How old am I? :)

M

50mpg, if keeping up 70+mph is doing pretty well, by my experience. Optimal cruising for TwinAir 'mpg' seems to be around 50mph, which is not a practical speed for motorways unless restrictions are in place. Beyond 50mph, the wind resistance to that tall, bluff body cleaving the air seems to build quickly (particularly with our Thule Wingbars left in place - good as they are) and the revs are rising, both leading to a progressive drop in economy.
Good effort Triumph7 - how many miles on your TwinAir, now? Looks as if economy would suggest it's now thoroughly loosened-up!

I almost washed mine today.
I read a bit on how to fit my new towbar (currently waiting in the shed).
I drove the Morry instead of the Panda.

Guess it wasn't a high point in Panda ownership :cool:

Should be 2 hours work to install it, without wire connection.
That's the theory. The bit that scares me is getting the bumper bar off... or, more to the point, getting the poor distorted mess back on again. There was a recent thread where someone fitted a Witter and near the end of that, the process is pretty well covered, including Witter's instructions for removal. I should be right. The wire connection is another matter. I'd ordered a Panda specific wiring kit but the one that arrived is labelled a generic kit. No, I'm not sending it back to Italy for another one, this one will just have to be made work. I'm on holidays this week. It's also a long weekend thanks to Anzac Day on monday. I'll have a go tuesday or wednesday, leaving it till then so I can bail out and get a towbar shop to help out if I get into trouble, but I don't think it'll come to that, I reckon I'll be driving around with my bike rack on the back by lunchtime.

I fitted a hard wire connection kit for my car cam to today.
Finally got rid of the hanging cable from the rear view mirror.

If anyone else fancies doing this then here's a few pointers.

If your camera takes the standard mini USB connector then this is without doubt the easiest option.

Buy a nextbase kit like this one.

£12 from amazon

To make things easier remove the glove box.
There's 7 torx screws to remove, six the same t25 and one larger t30 which is at the very back of the glove box to the right of the fuse hatch.

There are 3 under the glovebox.

The other 3 are left , right and centre at the top

Centre is not pictured. It's up where the latch locks when you close the glovebox lid.

Lower the felt too.

By pulling out the 2 plastic plugs

Use the piggy back fuse that's included in the nextbase kit to get power from the fuse board. The fuses on the right are key operated live. I chose the 7.5amp to piggy back onto.

I used one of the bolts that holds the the fuse board in place to connect the earth.
You can see the black cable above the sticker in this pic

I then used a cable tie to gather up the slack and keep it all tidy.

I didn't take any pics of the a pillar cover removal.
It just pulls off. Pull the door shut rubber away to make things easier.

The cable just follows the route of factory cables up to the headlining. Then just push it up along the screen to where your camera is.

Looks infinitely better than a hanging cable and frees the 12v cigar socket too.

Last edited:
Just followed a little black Panda :)
No wave so the driver either didn't recognise my Panda or doesn't care :(

For those of you deep in Panda territory, they are a very rare beast here and in the six months I've owned mine, I've seen maybe five... though four of them were black so maybe one and another one four times :cool:

I had to order a new windscreen. Mine had a hideous crack in it. R2950 roughly £130 including installation. Not fun. ?

Back